Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

"certificate is not a CA " error while uploading the signed certificate for ClearPass OnBoard

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  "certificate is not a CA " error while uploading the signed certificate for ClearPass OnBoard

Posted May 21, 2015 07:54 AM
      |   view attached

I have raised a CSR for clear passs as a intermidaite server in onboaring. Got signed from the root CA and when I am trying to install the signed certifiate it is showing me the error "certificate is not a CA". PFA error.

• 2.  RE: "certificate is not a CA " error while uploading the signed certificate for ClearPass OnBoard

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 21, 2015 08:56 AM

Please take a look at the tech note here - https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=7961

Look for Onboarding with ADCS.  

I assume that you want some other CA to issue the certs?

• 3.  RE: "certificate is not a CA " error while uploading the signed certificate for ClearPass OnBoard

Posted May 22, 2015 01:03 AM

Hi,

Here I am configuring my clear pass as a intermitdiate server for the onboarding devices to issue the certificate. So I have raised a CSR in clear pass onboarding certificate authority and got it signed from my root CA in "p7b" format as per the format mentioned in the clear pass. when I am trying to upload the signed certifcate from root CA to clear passs onboard I am seeing the error "certificate is not a CA " .

Kindly help.