Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

registered devices on clearpasss how do they work?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  registered devices on clearpasss how do they work?

Posted Mar 11, 2016 05:40 PM
    Hello
    i was windering how does this sharing devicea works? can you limit which users can see the device?
    for example if wantes to have a projector in the corporate network. and i wanted that certain users on the guest network can use it can i do that?

For example if a visitor comes and i want that, that visitor have acceaa to it, it ia possible? i mean that not everyone have access jist certain visitors we want.

cheers
    carlos

#AirheadsMobile

• 2.  RE: registered devices on clearpasss how do they work?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 11, 2016 06:35 PM

There are two types of shareable devices:

A personal device is typically setup via the mactrac page and it is automatically shared with other devices owned by the same user, as long as the user logs in with the same username. The user can login to the mactrac page and add other usernames (people) that it should be shared with.

A shared device is typically setup by an administrator, and you can specify ap-groups, ap-names, roles, usernames, or groups that can see the device.  You can even set up a time of day when it will be available:

shared-device.PNG

• 3.  RE: registered devices on clearpasss how do they work?

Posted Mar 12, 2016 05:28 PM

Hello Collin

The second one seems what we are looking for

So just 2 more things

Does the projector for example need any minimum requirements? to be able to be used with clearpass? i belaive it just needs to connect to the wifi.

Guess we can connect it through the corportate SSID but the projector needs to handle EAP PEAP.

The users that will need to access it could be corporate users OR Guest users but the guest users will be be accesing it trhough the guest network

I bealive that should not be  a problem right?

Second thing

How is the experience of the User?  to connect to the projector with clearpass?

At least without, it i have seen that you connect to it with a propertary program for example with an epson projector.  It will be the same way? just that the role of the guest user will have access to that IP of the projector???  and the users that does not have permission will simple wont have access to that IP of the projector or how does it works???

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: registered devices on clearpasss how do they work?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 12, 2016 05:42 PM

AirGroup regisration only handles the advertisement of the device.

Connectivity between devices/subnets and how the devices associate is outside of the AirGroup realm but are dependent.

• 5.  RE: registered devices on clearpasss how do they work?

Posted Mar 12, 2016 05:51 PM

Hello Tim

So in simple words as i understand, what i get is that users will be able to use their software to connect to the projector. the ones that got permissions will be able to see it with their softwares.

The others that has not permissions, the software will not even see it as the firewall rules on the controller will block the accesss to the projector?

Right?

Cheers

Carlos

• 6.  RE: registered devices on clearpasss how do they work?

Posted Mar 12, 2016 07:29 PM
    another question. is this limites to apple devices? or you can do this with any device? for example a wifi projector of any brand.

#AirheadsMobile

• 7.  RE: registered devices on clearpasss how do they work?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 12, 2016 11:00 PM
    Carlos, this is only limited to devices that use discovery methods to present themselves to users. Airplay allows users to discovery apple TVs. Airprint allows users to discover print devices. Googlecast allows users to discover Chromecast devices. Those are three examples of devices that can be found by discovery. If the printer can be discovered using mdns or dlna it can be used with airplay.

• 8.  RE: registered devices on clearpasss how do they work?

Posted Nov 08, 2016 05:00 PM

@cjoseph wrote:
    Carlos, this is only limited to devices that use discovery methods to present themselves to users. Airplay allows users to discovery apple TVs. Airprint allows users to discover print devices. Googlecast allows users to discover Chromecast devices. Those are three examples of devices that can be found by discovery. If the printer can be discovered using mdns or dlna it can be used with airplay.

• 9.  RE: registered devices on clearpasss how do they work?

Posted Nov 14, 2016 10:31 AM

Hi,

Epson U32+ Projector (H722A Model) with the "EasyMP Multi PC Projection Ver 2.0" that use a "discovery" protocol?... How to do the best config (without ClearPass by the way) in the controller (Airgroup?, Extended ACL?, etc.).

Best regards.