Security

last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

restoring a Dell badged clearpass backup to Aruba

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  restoring a Dell badged clearpass backup to Aruba

Posted Dec 07, 2017 04:24 PM

Good Morning Airheads,

We currently run a w-series Dell Clearpass policy manager and we are wanting to move to an Aruba imaged Clearpass policy manager. I have backed up the policy on the W-Series CPPM and I have run up a virtual Aruba CPPM in a test environment. What is the best way to restore the backup image to the new virtual aruba CPPM?

• 2.  RE: restoring a Dell badged clearpass backup to Aruba

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 08, 2017 03:46 AM

This is an uncommon scenario, and I would just try in lab and work with Aruba TAC if you run into issues.

• 3.  RE: restoring a Dell badged clearpass backup to Aruba

Posted Dec 10, 2017 06:18 PM

Hi Herman,

I have Labed this up in a virtual environment. After investigation I did find it is possible. Firstly I had to make the Dell badged CPPM VM the correct version to import the backup of our production CPPM. Import was successful. I will now attempt to upgrade the VM to the latest version of CPPM and then do a backup. Once that is done, I will runup a Aruba badged CPPM Virtual machine and see if I can import the backup. I will let you know how I go.