Security

Occasional Contributor I

self guest registration page fail over

We have  a self guest registration page, and in the configuration under the redirect portion you have to enter a specific ip adderess.  We have a master controller, and 2 local controllers.  One of the locals serves as a backup to the other controller.  We are trying to setup redundancy for the guest network and this is our last piece of it.  I need the self registration page to be able to redirect to either the primary local (LMS) or the backup local (LMS) in case of a failover.  Underneath the ip address is a section called dynamic address, but the description on this checkmark is not very clear.  Is this what I need to use?  Any help would be appreciated, I have attached a screen shot of the configuration page.

Aruba Employee

Re: self guest registration page fail over

Yes, that should do it.

Also, if possible, you might want to consider using a VRRP between your locals for failover (set the VRRP as LMS), if there is L2 connectivity between the two. That will help speed up your failover.

Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Occasional Contributor I

Re: self guest registration page fail over

Thanks, I will test this and let you know how it goes.  The controllers are in 2 different data centers and do not have layer 2 connectivity unfortunately.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: