Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

seperating Guest and Corp traffic

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  seperating Guest and Corp traffic

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 28, 2013 10:08 AM

Hi,

So I've run into the old 'Guest users are not allowed to exist on the same device' from one of our customer's providers.

Everything is as secure as it can be with firewall rules on the controller blocking Guest hitting corp network, default route that points to DMZ port and port-acls etc.

I know full well that it is perfectly safe and secure, but I need to convince a 'Security' team who don't seem to know the product.

Apart from renaming it to 'Aruba Wireless Firewall', is there any good documentation someone can point me to that I can give to them to show that it is indeed a proper security appliance.

Are there any other best practice things apart from the above for guest connections to make it secure?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: seperating Guest and Corp traffic
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 28, 2013 11:15 AM

@Michael_Clarke wrote:

Hi,

So I've run into the old 'Guest users are not allowed to exist on the same device' from one of our customer's providers.

Everything is as secure as it can be with firewall rules on the controller blocking Guest hitting corp network, default route that points to DMZ port and port-acls etc.

I know full well that it is perfectly safe and secure, but I need to convince a 'Security' team who don't seem to know the product.

Apart from renaming it to 'Aruba Wireless Firewall', is there any good documentation someone can point me to that I can give to them to show that it is indeed a proper security appliance.

Are there any other best practice things apart from the above for guest connections to make it secure?

Thanks

The Aruba WLAN Controller is a firewall certified by ICSAlabs which certifies industry-leading firewalls, and there are Aruba Certifications on their page here:  https://www.icsalabs.com/product/6000-series-switch-firewall

• 3.  RE: seperating Guest and Corp traffic

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 28, 2013 11:40 AM

Just what I was looking for.

Thanks