Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

show .1x radius auths per second in clearpass

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  show .1x radius auths per second in clearpass

Posted Sep 24, 2015 10:25 AM
      |   view attached

Looking for a graph that shows auths per second in clearpass. I see what looks like an auths per minute graph but can't see how to get more granular.

Attaching the graph I'm looking at. Should I be looking elsewhere?

Thanks,

Mike

• 2.  RE: show .1x radius auths per second in clearpass

Posted Sep 24, 2015 11:24 AM

I think my real question is how do you know what the current auths per second is for the CPPM server? Seems other posts discuss CPPM limits (250-300 auths/sec) and what they're seeing. How are folks seeing this?

Mike

• 3.  RE: show .1x radius auths per second in clearpass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 24, 2015 03:02 PM
    You can see total requests per second by going to Monitoring ->
    Analysis & Trending in the WebUI. Though you can only zoom in the x and y axis of the chart down to 1 minute, look at the info bar at the bottom of the chart. At the far-right, it shows requests per second.

Does that help?

• 4.  RE: show .1x radius auths per second in clearpass

Posted Sep 25, 2015 10:10 AM
      |   view attached

Thanks for this, very helpful. This seems to show auths per second averaged over 1 hour.  Is there a way to see peak auths/per second? We are a university and when the class bell rings the spike from thousands of students pulling out their smartphones can be significant within a minute's time.