Security

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

showing/hiding fields depending on operator role?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  showing/hiding fields depending on operator role?

MVP
    Posted Mar 19, 2012 12:56 PM

Is it possible to allow editing (or not) of fields (in my case sponsor_name) depending on what operator role the user has?

Say I want IT-Administrators to allow changing the sponsor-name of accounts they create whereas Reception should not be able to change the sponsor_name.

Hiding the field depending on said operator roles would also be a good solution.

I'd guess this would be possible with the "visible if:"  properties but the manual says this is only a client-side expression and I doubt the operator role of the user that creates the account is even known client-side?

Any ideas/examples?

• 2.  RE: showing/hiding fields depending on operator role?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 19, 2012 07:29 PM

When you hit Customize > Forms & Views and select the form you are using, which sounds like create_user, you will see a Duplicate button.  Duplicate the form and edit the new one as you please.  Add, remove, or edit any fields you want.  Then if you go to your Operator Profile, there is a button at the bottom of the form, "Override the application’s forms and views".  Click that and find your form (New Visitor Account) and select the override.  You may need to log in again for it to take affect.

Visible If is a JavaScript expression, but the sponsor profile is not readily available within the browser. 

• 3.  RE: showing/hiding fields depending on operator role?

MVP
    Posted Mar 21, 2012 09:28 AM

With this product realy everything seems possible.. as long as you know how to configure it. :smileysurprised: I'm impressed.

Thank you for your help