Security

MVP

showing/hiding fields depending on operator role?

Is it possible to allow editing (or not) of fields (in my case sponsor_name) depending on what operator role the user has?

Say I want IT-Administrators to allow changing the sponsor-name of accounts they create whereas Reception should not be able to change the sponsor_name.

Hiding the field depending on said operator roles would also be a good solution.

I'd guess this would be possible with the "visible if:"  properties but the manual says this is only a client-side expression and I doubt the operator role of the user that creates the account is even known client-side?

Any ideas/examples?

Koen (ACMX #351 | ACDX #547 | ACCP)

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Aruba Employee

Re: showing/hiding fields depending on operator role?

When you hit Customize > Forms & Views and select the form you are using, which sounds like create_user, you will see a Duplicate button.  Duplicate the form and edit the new one as you please.  Add, remove, or edit any fields you want.  Then if you go to your Operator Profile, there is a button at the bottom of the form, "Override the application’s forms and views".  Click that and find your form (New Visitor Account) and select the override.  You may need to log in again for it to take affect.

Visible If is a JavaScript expression, but the sponsor profile is not readily available within the browser. 

MVP

Re: showing/hiding fields depending on operator role?

With this product realy everything seems possible.. as long as you know how to configure it. :smileysurprised: I'm impressed.

Thank you for your help

Koen (ACMX #351 | ACDX #547 | ACCP)

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: