Security

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

single click guest SSID

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  single click guest SSID

Posted Oct 28, 2013 01:36 PM

In clearpass guest - what is the best way to create a single click SSID with just a captive portal that requires you to click accept to terms and then automatically creates a guest account and logs into the NAS device?

I have the "I agree to terms" part but am not sure how to remove the guest receipt/login page and still log into the network device. 

• 2.  RE: single click guest SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 28, 2013 05:22 PM

Is this controller CP or Clearpass Guest?

• 3.  RE: single click guest SSID
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 28, 2013 05:33 PM

• 4.  RE: single click guest SSID

Posted Oct 29, 2013 10:12 PM
    Thanks tarnold. I knew I saw that article at some point.

• 5.  RE: single click guest SSID

Posted May 20, 2014 01:08 PM

Can someone post the contents of this link here?  I would like to configure the same setup, but I do not have a partner login.

https://afp.arubanetworks.com/afp/index.php/Terms_and_Conditions_on_ClearPass#Terms_Only_Web_Logins

• 6.  RE: single click guest SSID

Posted May 20, 2014 01:10 PM

The content is customer approved:

Terms Only Web Logins

To enable a login page solely containing terms and conditions, create a new web login with the folowing:

• Authentication: Anonymous – Do not require a username or password
    • Auto-Generate: Checked
    • Anonymous User: Choose a unique username of your choice. It will not be visible outside the account list.
    • Pre-Auth Check: Local — match a local account

• 7.  RE: single click guest SSID

Posted Aug 14, 2015 09:40 AM

Sorry for resurrecting, but that link is no longer valid and searching just brings me back to this thread.

I have done the web login setup, but clicking login generates a RADIUS login attempt in Clearpass, which does not match any existing service.  What does that service definition have to look like?

• 8.  RE: single click guest SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2015 09:42 AM

If you look at the RADIUS request in Access Tracker, you should be able to compare the attributes to your existing web-login service to see where the mismatch is.

• 9.  RE: single click guest SSID

Posted Aug 14, 2015 11:24 AM

I'm kinda starting from scratch on this one.

I have defined the web login page in Clearpass guest to use the Aruba vendor settings and the controller-initated login. I get the clickthrough page fine, but clicking through gives me an access denied(null) message on the screen above the form, and I see nothing in access tracker. I was able to generate the unclassifed RADIUS service last night, but I can't remember how and it's not happening any more.

Changing to server-initated gives me an unclassified webauthservice error in access tracker, and the error message on the clickthrough screen changes to invalid username or password.

Should I be using controller initiated or server initiated?  And what service template should I be using?

• 10.  RE: single click guest SSID

Posted Aug 14, 2015 04:49 PM

OK, figured it out.

I had disabled the user login option in the L3 authentication profile.  Once I turned that back on I started getting the service classification error again and was able to create a matching service.

What I was missing was that even though the user was a "guest" in Clearpass, that user was still logging in from the point of view of the controller.