Security

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

social media login maximum devices

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  social media login maximum devices

Posted Dec 16, 2016 01:41 PM

it is possible with clearpass restrict the quiantity of devices one user can use??

For example if someone someone log in with social media login can i restrict him 3 devices but if another user log in can i restrict him 2 devices to him?

Or if its not possible, it is possible at least having a  role in which ill assignate a role to a user that can use 2 devices, and ill assign another role to a user that can use 3 devices and so on, on social media login>?

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: social media login maximum devices

Posted Dec 16, 2016 01:44 PM
    In your enforcement policy you can use the endpoint database > Unique devices count to restrict it.

Need to make sure that the Username is updated (Post Auth profile) in the endpoint database at the time of authentication for this to work

• 3.  RE: social media login maximum devices

Posted Dec 16, 2016 01:53 PM

Victor

So ill have to put manually in the enforment the user name of that person?

what happen if i have to do the same for 300 different users?

there wont be any issue by having a LONG rule? or somethign like that?

• 4.  RE: social media login maximum devices
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 16, 2016 02:05 PM
    You will only need to apply a single rule at the top of your policy (WEB-AUTH SERVICE) , ClearPass looks at the Endpoint DB for Mac > Username unique combination
    Authorization > Endpoint Repository > Unique-Device-Count > Greater_than > "DEVICE COUNT"