Security

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  tipsLogDb

Posted May 02, 2016 09:20 AM

Hi guys,

I need to define a custom source (SQL). Is this possible that I check, what is the custom query's output on the clearpass? For example: what is the output for the following query: 

1. SELECT d.attr_value FROM tips_session_log_details d, tips_dashboard_summary s WHERE s.id = d.session_id AND s.user_name = '%{Authentication:Username}' AND s.source = 'RADIUS' AND s.timestamp > now() - interval '5 minutes' and d.attr_name = 'Radius:Cisco:Cisco-AVPair' and d.attr_value like 'audit-session-id%' LIMIT 1;

• 2.  RE: tipsLogDb
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 02, 2016 09:22 AM
    You can use the appexternal account to connect to the postgres database and run queries/browse the tables. 

• 3.  RE: tipsLogDb

Posted May 02, 2016 09:26 AM

Thank you!

• 4.  RE: tipsLogDb

Posted Mar 04, 2017 05:26 AM

Did this Q work ? it is for Cisco ASA VPN CoA, please let me know if you were able to make this work.

Thank you.

• 5.  RE: tipsLogDb

Posted Mar 04, 2017 05:44 AM

Hi,

This question is out of date, because the clearpass can fetch the Radius:Cisco:Cisco-AVPair attributes from Radius query from ClearPass 6.6 as I remember. But keep in mind this solution can works only if the OnGuard Agent is in Authentication with health check status.

I hope this helps.

• 6.  RE: tipsLogDb

Posted Mar 04, 2017 05:47 AM

Thanks for responding, we are seeing the attributes in teh radius request but not able to fetch while doing CoA, any idea how to do so ? the mentione Q does not work.

• 7.  RE: tipsLogDb

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2017 10:25 AM

You need to:

1. Ensure you are on ClearPass 6.6.0 or greater
    2. Change your ASA from CiscoASA to Cisco in the NAD defitinion
    3. Create a new CoA profile and add:
      Radius:Cisco	Cisco-AVPair	=	%{Radius:Cisco:Cisco-AVPair}

Example:

Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 10.20.52 AM.png

• 8.  RE: tipsLogDb

Posted Mar 04, 2017 10:32 AM
    Hi,

Tried it but without the service type field, it didnt work when tested with us...TAC adjusted the custom audit session query and worked fine after testing for 8 hrs :).

With cisco avpair will the health check service he able to fetch the session ID correctly ?

I will try to test with cisco avpair again and check if it works since I might have missed something.

Thanks a million