Security

New Contributor

why will chromecast work with everything but from an IOS device using the netflix app%3F

I'm stumped

Guru Elite

Re: why will chromecast work with everything but from an IOS device using the netflix app?

Instant or controller? 

Is AirGroup enabled?

Is drop bcast/mcast enabled? 

Thanks, 
Tim

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

Re: why will chromecast work with everything but from an IOS device using the netflix app?

It is controller based. Version 6.4.3

Airgroup is enabled along with all services (airplay, airprint, chromecast, Dial, Dial Media,etc..)

Flat network...same role...same vlan

We don't block any client to client traffic on this network

Took the test devices home and tried there and worked fine.

It will see it through the chromecast app, I can stream to it through youtube. BUt once I enter the netflix application and hit the chromecast button it does not see any chromecasts. Wierdly it does see a couple roku's and an xbox.

Spent some time on the phone with Aruba support today and they saw nothing that would indicate something is being blocked.

I am stumped

Guru Elite

Do you see any blocked services in the blocked-service-id table?

New Contributor

nothing relating to DIal or chromecast

._sub._home-sharing._tcp

MVP

Re: why will chromecast work with everything but from an IOS device using the netflix app%3F

I've seen this before but with IAPs, everything turned on, no blocking of sorts. YouTube works, etc.. Netflix wont. reboot of the Chromecast and making sure the Netflix app is no longer running in memory. try again and it works. still have no idea why. haven't really troubleshot to be honest.
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
New Contributor

Re: why will chromecast work with everything but from an IOS device using the netflix app%3F

It is crazy...Multiple IOS devices...different firmwares...2 different chromecasts...wiped two devices clean and started with a fresh slate and still happening.

Are there possibly different service ID's that are supposed to be under Dial or Chromecast possibly?

Guru Elite

If they're not in the blocked list, then no. 

Thanks, 
Tim

Contributor II

I've run into this exact weirdness on campus. Each of the past 5 chromecast setups were for someone using an iPhone and all 5 of them wouldn't work with Netflix, but Hulu, youtube, etc... everything else works. That and the Andriod Netflix for the same Chromecast works fine. Any chrome browser as well running netflix.

I'll have to test for blocked service ID's when I see one on next, but seems really strange.

Contributor II

I'm still running into this on our campus. None of the IOS devices can stream Netflix to a chromecast. Youtube, Hulu, Pandora, etc... work fine.

I spent time searching through every blocked airgroup service I could and still not sure. I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be more people with this issue. It works perfectly on an Andriod - and just fine for the students at home on the same two devices.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: