Security

Aruba Employee

Re: why will chromecast work with everything but from an IOS device using the netflix app%3F

Hi,

Seems I have the same issue at home. Chromecasting works perfectly with Android devices but with iPhone I can only cast YouTube (on both my wife's iPhone 7 and my iPhone 6).
Using 7005 controller running aos 6.5.0.1
I thought it was an iOS bug but after reading this thread it sounds like more on the Aruba side. I'll have a look on my conf so...

Aruba Employee

Re: why will chromecast work with everything but from an IOS device using the netflix app%3F

By the way did you find a fix ?
Contributor II

No, I have not found a fix. 

Frequent Contributor I

I editted my post until I could do some additional testing..  We just upgraded to ArubaOS 6.5.1.(4) from 6.4.3.(10) and IOS chromecast support has gotten worse.  While I can still see the chromecast in Google Home, now I can't see it in YouTube where I could previously.  I can cast from Chrome on MacOS and Windows, and Android can access it with all Apps, but nothing now from IOS.   Does anyone have an active TAC call open on this or should I pursue it?

(Note: the failing YouTube app resolved itself with a hard reset of the chromecast.  YouTube still broken)

Mike Davis
Network Engineer
University of Delaware
Frequent Contributor I

I opened a TAC case on this issue since we're suppose to go live with Airplay starting with the incoming Fall 2017 class.

Mike Davis
Network Engineer
University of Delaware
Frequent Contributor I

The solution was to create a new Airgroup service and allow the following IDs:

_googlecast._tcp

_sub._googlecast._tcp

urn:mdx-netflix-com:service:target:1

urn:mdx-netflix-com:service:target:0

urn:dial-multiscreen-org:service:dial:1

_atc._tcp

_ca5e8412._sub._googlecast._tcp

I can now cast netflix from iOS..

Mike Davis
Network Engineer
University of Delaware
Contributor II

Awesome news, thanks Mike. In terms of timing the students left campus on Friday :-(  but this will be great if we can start school next year with this working.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: