Software Defined Networking (SDN)

Aruba Employee

Give Network Visualizer & Hybrid SDN a Try!

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to encourage everyone with access to a 2920, 3800, 5400/5400R with v2 or v3 modules to give Network Visualizer a try in your environment.  I find Network Visualizer to be an awesome application for enhancing the troubleshooting of an existing network.  Due to our use of Hybrid SDN to enable this solution, it can be integrated into existing networks using the list of switches above.

1. Download the VAN SDN Controller 2.7 OVA
  2. Read the VAN SDN Controller 2.7 Installation Guide
  3. Download Network Visualizer 1.1 Application
  4. Read the Network Visualizer 1.1 Installation Guide
  5. Install the VAN SDN Controller OVA & Network Visualizer
  6. License the VAN SDN Controller & Network Visualizer using Attached guide for evaluation licenses
  7. Watch YouTube video on Network Visualizer for Ideas on what to do

For additional information, please check out the other guides included in the links for the Installation Guides above. The Administrator guides are very useful.

Please post back with your experiences, hopefully you find this a very useful tool for troubleshooting in your network.

Cheers,

-Scott

Scott Koster | Technical Marketing Engineer, SDN & Solutions
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Contributor II

Re: Give Network Visualizer & Hybrid SDN a Try!

Will this tool work with any of the Aruba Mobility Access Switches?

Aruba Employee

Re: Give Network Visualizer & Hybrid SDN a Try!

Hi Vincent,

Network Visualizer requires the use of our Service Insertion technology included in the ArubaOS-Switch line of products.  I've attached the service insertion guide (which outlines this awesome technology!!) and the VAN SDN Controller & Apps Support matrix.  Both of which provide detail on the platforms supported with the Network Visualizer solution.

Cheers,

-Scott

Scott Koster | Technical Marketing Engineer, SDN & Solutions
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: