Software Defined Networking (SDN)

zhs
Occasional Contributor I

in-band SDN control plane

i'am use aruba switch 2920 and i'm implementation in-band method with topology ring. why happen looping and when i run controller contoller can not call switch but one of cable i'm broken off the controller can call switch?

give me solution...

thank youuu...

Aruba Employee

Re: in-band SDN control plane

Are you using the VAN SDN controller, or another controller? The VAN SDN controller has a 'hybrid-mode' setting. That setting determines whether the SDN controller will make the forwarding decision for every packet (hybrid=false), or whether the SDN controller will only make the forwarding decision for only packets the SDN apps are interested in (hybrid=true). The default setting is hybrid=true.

Additionally, if you have a looped topology configured for the control-plane and do not have spanning-tree or some other loop prevention configured, then the controller-to-switch traffic will get looped.

zhs
Occasional Contributor I

i'm using ryu controller.i'm use multipath routing based DFS.

Aruba Employee

You said that in a looped topology the SDN controller (RYU) cannot call the switch, but that could refer to different parts of the initial openflow handshake or sending flows after the handshake is established.

On the switch side, if you run "debug openflow" and "debug destination session" then that will show where the 2920 sees the controller stop communicating.

Since the loop resolution is done using the RYU controller, the looping could still cause the RYU controller to fail to connect, since that occurs on the control-plane and before the RYU controller has enforced the multipath routing rules.

zhs
Occasional Contributor I

but why if i decide one of the links between switch controller can recognize switch?

Aruba Employee

The first test would be whether the controller can ping the switch management IP address (which will be used for OpenFlow's control plane communication). If the controller cannot ping the switch, then you'll need a loop prevention mechanism outside of OpenFlow on the control plane.

zhs
Occasional Contributor I

controller can ping the switch. can I modify the action in the flow table contained in the switch? through the switch

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: