Have an interesting use case for Aruba Beacons? Then we want to hear from you.
Nearly every day I hear about another exciting use case for Aruba Beacons. There are use cases in smart offices to increase productivity with automated conference room booking and on-demand printing. There are use cases in healthcare to automate the patient check-in process and provide wayfinding through the maze of corridors in the hospital. The possibilities are truly endless.
The Meridian team was trying to figure out how we could have some fun and reward the creativity that exists in the Airheads community. After much thought, we decided that a customer contest culminating with an award ceremony at Atmosphere 2017 was just what the doctor ordered!
So without further ado, here are the official details…
Good luck! I can’t wait to see what the community can dream up!!!
We want to provide many opportunities for all community members who want to take advantage of Aruba’s Mobile First Platform and start developing their own northbound applications. To kick things off we are focusing on Aruba Meridian Apps and Aruba Beacons.
Do you have ideas about how to create rich, location-based experiences for mobile users using the power of their smartphones? Would you like to win a chance to present your idea at Atmosphere 2017 in Nashville and take home a new MacBook Pro? If you answered “yes”, then be sure to participate in our Meridian Developer Contest.
All you have to do is to submit your best idea for an opportunity to participate in this year’s developer contest: submit an abstract (500 words or less) to MeridianContest@hpe.com by December 29, 2016 and we will notify the top 10 ideas by January 3, 2016. Submissions can be made by a team of two Airheads members at most, and submissions from HPE/Aruba employees, app development shops and technology vendors will not be accepted. (This contest is currently only open to Airheads living in the Americas.) Here is what happens after:
- Airheads members who submit the top 10 entries will receive twenty (20) complimentary Aruba Beacons, and will be given access to the Meridian AppMaker and SDK to get started.
- Owners of the selected ideas will be then asked to submit a demo video of their app in action by January 27, 2017.
- Top 3 demo video submissions will be notified by February 3, 2017 and they will get a chance to travel to Nashville, with travel and accommodations expenses covered. More importantly, they will get an opportunity to showcase their apps on the big stage!
- At the show, Airheads Community members will vote for the grand, second and third prize winners:
- One (1) Grand Prize: A 15” MacBook Pro w/ 16GB memory and 512GB SSD, plus Here One headphones, plus PlayStation 4 Pro, and Google Home (All prizing details to be determined at the sole discretion of HPE).
- One (1) Second Prize: A 13” MacBook Pro w/ 16GB memory and 512GB Disk, plus Here One headphones (All prizing details to be determined at the sole discretion of HPE).
- One (1) Third Prize: A Pixel Phone by Google and a Nixon – The Mission Smartwatch (All prizing details to be determined at the sole discretion of HPE).
Anything is possible and creativity counts! Get in the game by December 29th and submit your use case ideas to MeridianContest@hpe.com.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.