At HPE Discover in Las Vegas 2016 – our HPE server and networking teams joined forces to announce a raft of new 25/100GbE data center networking solutions designed to help organizations unleash a higher performing data center networking fabric.
View our 25/100GbE Infographic to see if these solutions are a fit for you!
25GbE is a new standard the leverages technology defined for 100 Gigabit Ethernet implemented as four 25-Gbit/s lanes (IEEE 802.3bj) running on four fiber or copper pairs.
These solutions span HPE servers, network adapters, transceivers, cables and Ethernet switches – and are designed and tested to deliver the industry’s most comprehensive 25/100GbE networking ecosystem enabling end to end 25GbE server connectivity across a 100GbE data center network fabric.
- New HPE 25GbE Network Adapters (for use in HPE ProLiant DL and Apollo Servers)
- New HPE 25G Transceivers & Cables (SFP, QSFP, DAC)
- New HPE FlexFabric 5950 fixed port multi-rate 10/25/40/50/100GbE 32 x QSFP28 Ethernet switch
- New HPE FlexFabric 12900E HB modules, 36x100GbE module tripling our 100G density
HPE makes upgrading to 25/100GbE a “no-brainer” for customers - in that we can help boost their server/application performance while also delivering compelling data center economics (less complexity, server/switch ports, cables, and power).
For example migrating from 10GbE to HPE 25GbE provides;
- 56% increased performance at 27% TCO savings
- 38% lower cabling complexity and 31% power savings
- 40% more simultaneous HD 1080p videos using 25GbE cards
Lead customers who would immediately benefit from 25/100GbE include;
- Cloud, Telco and Service Providers experiencing 10/40Gbps saturation
- Financial and e-Commerce sites demanding increased performance
- Enterprise moving into the next major Ethernet speed upgrade cycle
Some additional 25/100GbE use cases include; data centers using multicore / socket servers with 20+ VMs; IP based and/or all flash storage, RDMA/RoCE and HPC ultra-low-latency clusters, Network Functions Virtualization (DPDK) needing packet-processing at line-rate – should also consider 25/100GbE.
To learn more about these exciting new HPE 25/100GBE solution checkout the 25/100GbE video and visit the links below:
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.