Happy New Year Airheads!
It is my pleasure to announce the availability of ArubaOS 184.108.40.206 for the Mobility Access Switch product family.
AOS 220.127.116.11 is a major milestone in the Mobility Access Switch portfolio as it includes many new capabilities and a new member of the S3500 family, the S3500-24F!
The S3500-24F is a 24-Port 1000Base-X SFP based platform. It supports the same hardware high-availability features as the other S3500s (field-replaceable fan tray and optional redundant power supply) and the 4xSFP/SFP+ uplink module enabling it to form an ArubaStack with other S3500s as well as S2500s. The S3500-24F also supports the existing software feature set of the S3500s/S2500s (e.g. L2, L3, etc) plus all the new AOS 7.2 features.
Here are just a few of the new features found in AOS 7.2!
Product Integration Features
- ClearPass Policy Manager (CPPM) integration with downloadable roles and Radius COA (RFC 3576)
- Native Captive Portal support with optional redirect to ClearPass Guest
- Site-site VPN via IPSEC which is ideal for remote office applications.
- Aruba Instant integration capabilities adding value to Instant + Mobility Access Switch deployments
- AirGroup integration
Layer 3 Enhancements
- Equal Cost Multipath
- Multinetting (aka secondary IPs)
- Route Filtering (aka prefix-lists)
- Additional OSPF Area Types (parity with Aruba Mobility Controllers)
- Network Address Translation
- IP Directed Broadcast
Layer 2 Enhancements
- Ethernet OAM (802.3ah)
- BPDU Guard
Click here for the new software image and release notes.
We hope you enjoy using these new enhancements!
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.