Aruba 8400 Wins CRN Product of the Year Award
Aruba 8400 Wins CRN Product of the Year Award
We are honored that CRN®, a brand of The Channel Company, has recognized the new Aruba 8400 Core and Aggregation Switch with a 2017 CRN Product of the Year Award in the Revenue and Profit Sub Category for its demonstrated ability to help solution providers drive new revenue and profit margins.
In November 2017, CRN also recognized the 8400 with the 2017 Tech Innovator Award.
What are the CRN Products of the Year Awards?
CRN’s annual Products of the Year Awards are given to standout products and services that represent best-in-breed technological innovation, a financial opportunity for partners and customer demand. Winners are determined through a combination of editorial selection and a survey fielded to solution providers to accurately capture real-world satisfaction among partners and their customers.
The CRN editors selected five finalist products in each category and then asked more than 4,000 solution providers to score their experiences with those products using criteria in three categories:
- Technology - Product quality and reliability; richness of product features/functionality; technical innovation; and compatibility and ease of integration
- Revenue and Profit - Demonstrated ability to drive new revenue; resulting profit margins; and demonstrated ability to attach services revenue
- Customer Demand - Demonstrated ability to meet a market or customer demand; demonstrated ability to create new customer relationships or improve existing ones.
What makes the 8400 switch so special?
The 8400 series switch is a game-changer for solution providers and enterprises alike. The 8400 offers a more flexible, innovative approach to dealing with the new application, security and scalability demands on today’s campus networks. With ArubaOS-CX, a modern, fully programmable OS running on a carrier-grade chassis, the 8400 switch effectively addresses the demands driven by mobility and IoT.
The 8400’s award-earning capabilities include:
- Faster, more advanced visibility – An on-box, time series database for event and correlation history and real-time access make it easier for network operators to gain insights into the network.
- Faster time to detect, diagnose and resolve – Rules-based, real-time monitoring and intelligent notifications with automatic correlation to configuration changes simplify troubleshooting.
- Easier automation and integration – Business policy-based automation and the ability to use scripting to program the network makes it easier to deliver the experience the business expects.
- Improved network assurance – The switch’s carrier-grade reliability supports growing traffic demands and eliminates bottlenecks with multi-terabit performance and high speed, high port density.
ArubaOS-CX—the winning formula
ArubaOS-CX sets the 8400 series switches apart from legacy ways and meets the intense mobility, cloud and IoT demands of today’s enterprises. The brains of the switch, ArubaOS-CX automates and simplifies many critical and complex network tasks, delivers enhanced fault tolerance, and facilitates zero-service disruption during planned or unplanned control-plane events.
ArubaOS-CX includes the powerful Aruba Network Analytics Engine, which allows IT teams to easily monitor and troubleshoot the network, system, application and security-related issues activities with simple rules-based monitoring and automatic correlation of network activities using simple Python scripts and REST APIs. The Network Analytics Engine capability comes with a built-in time series database that enables customers and developers to develop software modules that enables IT operators to easily perform historical troubleshooting and analyze historical trends to predict and avoid future problems due to scale, security and performance bottlenecks.
Award-winning capabilities in a compact form factor
For organizations looking for a solution that’s more ideally suited for slightly smaller deployments, we recently announced Aruba 8320 Switch Series—a new high availability campus core and aggregation switch provides 8400-like capabilities in a compact 1U form factor. The 8320 has 2.5Tbps switching capacity, line-rate 10GbE and 40GbE ports and redundant power and fans. It also runs ArubaOS-CX with Network Analytics Engine.
Learn more about how Aruba’s award-winning 8400 Core and Aggregation Switch Series and compact 8320 Switch Series bring intelligence and automation to the campus core, giving network operators the ability to see more, know more and act faster.
Read the blog The 8400: A Core Switch that Makes Every Network Device Better, by Aruba CTO, Partha Narasimhan.
Read the blog ArubaOS-CX: A Modern, Programmable Network for the Mobile and IoT Age by Tom Black, vice president and general manager of the Aruba Campus Switching business unit.
Read why the CRN editors recognized the 8400 with the 2017 Tech Innovator Award.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.