If you are you looking to deploy Microsoft Lync voice over Aruba WLAN in a campus or distributed enterprise environment with Hosted Lync or in the cloud, look no further. Aruba’s fresh off the press Lync Validated Reference Design (VRD) guide is your single source for Wi-Fi design and configuration to deliver the best Lync experience to your mobile users.
This guide covers RF design guidelines, configuration best practices, network topology considerations, QoS guidelines, troubleshooting guidelines, and scalability considerations to deploy Lync over Aruba WLAN giving you the benefit of instantly elevating your status to a Lync champion at your workplace.
This guide walks you through the following:
- What are different components of a Lync network and why are they important to you
- What are some of the key Lync network characteristics such as Ports used for Lync calls, Client QoS tagging, client roam time, Network performance requirements such as End-to-End roundtrip time, packet loss and jitter etc
Aruba WLAN and Lync
- What are different Lync classification methods
- What are the deployment considerations for different Lync classification methods? For example, if you are deploying Lync on cloud, which Lync classification method do you need to use?
Design and Configuration recommendations
- Do you need coverage based or capacity based network design for Lync
- What are the AP selection and placement guidelines
- What are the RF best-practices including ARM, Clientmatch configurations
- What are the Configuration recommendations for QoS, roaming, HA and performance
Network Topology considerations
- What are the design considerations for Lync deployment in campus or distributed enterprise environments
- What are the design considerations for Multi-site Lync on-prem and Lync online deployments
- What are the design recommendations for different forwarding modes
- What are the QoS best practices for an end-to-end Lync network? What are the different DSCP and WMM considerations including DSCP 46?
- What are the controller scalability guidelines with Lync SDN API? What are the call scalability guidelines for different APs?
Configuration and Troubleshooting
- What configurations are needed on Lync server and controller for Lync SDN API integration, and for Lync heuristics on Controller and IAP
- How do you troubleshoot a Lync issue end-to-end? This guide walks you through the advanced troubleshooting methods using Controller UCC dashboard, Controller CLI debug commands, Airwave UCC dashboard, Lync overlay and Lync mobility trail.
Click here to download your own personal version of the guide now.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me using the comments section below
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.