Technology Blog

Top 5 - Training Tips: Advanced Troubleshooting

by Community Administrator ‎09-26-2014 12:00 PM

Top 5 Aruba ATS Training

Last week Aruba had an Advanced Troubleshooting (ATS) training session. I had the pleasure and opportunity to attend the training and gained some useful knowledge. Yes, you could read the user guide and gain the same knowledge of the AOS. I discovered having an instructor to guide you through the recommended procedures is priceless. The AOS has so many built in tools for advanced troubleshooting that was unknown to me and the training revealed them. Below are the top 5 tip I took away from attending the training.

1. Flow Charts – When you break it down troubleshooting is essentially just following a series of steps till you arrive at the desired outcome. The training session has a flow chart for nearly all scenarios. I like the documentation of the charts due to having the methodology. Usually I would try to fix the solution with my “go to” methods then throw everything and the kitchen sink at the problem. The charts give you a step by step approach.
  1. AAA Test Server – The built in test server is probably the highest valued tool in AOS. You can use the tool for various reasons. When it comes to troubleshooting thought the AAA Test Server is priceless. You are able to test whether or not the controller is communicating with the radius server or you can simply verify a user has a problem by checking their entry and credentials.
  1. How to Read Logs – Before the training, when a log of some sort was place in front on me I could gather the needed information but had a lot of unknown data. In the training the instructor goes over several logs and explains why the data is there.
  1. Local Override – Have you ever needed an AP converted to give the spectrum a look? To me prior to the training this meant re-provisioning the AP to get the ability to view spectrum. Using the Local Override one can temporarily convert a AP to an Air Monitor to see what is going on in the environment. Don’t forget to convert it back though!
  1. Instructor – Having an instructor to guide you through a process s is the best way to learn new techniques for anything. Luckily I had the best in the biz, David Westcott. If you have a CWNP certification chances are you used one of his books to prepare. David knows the material well and moves seamlessly thought the course. His teaching expirence helps you easily gain the advantage from participatnig in the training.

Comments
KarthickKumar_Moorthy@contractor.amat.com

Hi ,

Can you provide me the materials which they gave you Please.Thanks

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Read all about it! If it’s happening now, it’s in the community.

Check out the latest blogs from your community team, the community experts and other industry sources.
Labels