Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

ACCP - Material to study

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ACCP - Material to study

MVP
    Posted Jan 20, 2014 02:52 PM

Hi everyone,

I just recently took the ACCP and unfortunately missed passing by 3%. I had some trouble when preparing for the exam because I couldn't find any solid studying material and I was also unsure what I needed to study. Anybody have suggestions on useful study documents and where they might be located?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: ACCP - Material to study

MVP
    Posted Jan 20, 2014 04:37 PM

Is there any good documents out there that covers the AirGroup / Cisco NAD information on the study guide?

[2014-01-20]-Image-001.png

• 3.  RE: ACCP - Material to study

Posted Jan 20, 2014 08:21 PM

Did you took all the trainings?

-Clearpass Essentials

-Virtual Labs

-Clearpass advance deployment workshop

Wtih all those training it should be enough to pass...

Im on the same boat as you are but im aiming for the ACCA, which it seems it will be  a new certification for clearpass.

There is a traning on the airheads conference that prepares you for that and they also give you a voucher for the exam

After getting the ACCA, ill get the ACCP.

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: ACCP - Material to study

Posted Jan 21, 2014 09:06 AM

Aruba have always been poor with their documentation and providing suitable materials for people to pass the certifications - perhaps one day this will be taken on board and they will provide more than a handful of powerpoint slides that go with the courses.

• 5.  RE: ACCP - Material to study

Posted Jan 21, 2014 09:14 AM

Why do you say that?

I have taken a lot of courses from aruba instructor led and they were really good...

After those course i took the exams and passed them without any issues...

I think they are really good!

The other thing that aruba has that noone else has as far i know its the VRD which are really helpful.  Help me to keep the best practice when configuring and designing WLAN

The only thing i think that would be good having its an ArubaPress

• 6.  RE: ACCP - Material to study

Posted Jan 21, 2014 09:52 AM

I was on a bootcamp for ACMP a number of years ago and took the exam shortly after - there was lots of stuff not covered on the course which was in the exam. I agree that the courses are good however they do not cover what is asked in the exams. With a number of years of networking under my belt the exams are easier but youd be hard pressed to learn this from the Aruba documents.

The VRD guides are good but do a search for "cisco validated designs" which will take you to a page with lots of validated reference design guides. There are tons and tons of excellent configuration examples too.

You've hit the nail on the head with the ArubaPress - this is the biggest must-have.

Thumbs up for TAC though, this is where Cisco cant hold a candle to Aruba.

• 7.  RE: ACCP - Material to study

MVP
    Posted Jan 27, 2014 04:58 PM

Unfortunately, I have not been able to attend some of the training sessions and workshops. Due to work scheduling, I probably won't be able to attend any time soon. I was hoping to do some training on my own time, but again documentation is just not there. I tried searching for something more along the lines of a "study guide" to help with the questions that are much less likely to occur in an install situation and I wouldn't have experience with, but couldn't locate anything worth while.

• 8.  RE: ACCP - Material to study

Posted Oct 10, 2016 12:13 AM

Well here's a great example. Currently you can only book ACCA 6.5, but Aruba have not updated their datasheet from 6.4.

• 9.  RE: ACCP - Material to study

Posted Jan 15, 2018 08:11 PM

I'll also cosign the notion that the training courses do not match up with the tests. My ACMP was very difficult because the material the in the course was just walking you through a staged scenario with a lot of technical definitions. However, the test was a lot of scenarios about how to apply the techniques you learned. I'm ok with that, but that's not how the class presented the material. It was more of know what this does or what that does. Not "given what you know, how do you apply it here?" kind of thing. The test was more scenarios than it was knowing was a feature accomplished. Moving forward, I won't be that nieve. . 

I self-studied for the ACSA with the HPE press book and passed with like a 98%. Granted, it was an associate-level course.

They REALLY need a ACCA / ACCP press book.

• 10.  RE: ACCP - Material to study

Posted Jan 16, 2018 03:09 AM

And an ACMX book. And an ACDX book. etc