Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

ACCP code level change

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  ACCP code level change

Posted Feb 24, 2013 08:20 AM

anyone know when they will change the ACCP exam from CPPM 5.1 and CPG 3.9 to 6.x?

• 2.  RE: ACCP code level change
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 24, 2013 02:02 PM

The training class will be updated to 6.x in April.  The exam update will follow that by a couple months.  We'll make announcements here when the course and exam are updated.

• 3.  RE: ACCP code level change

Posted Feb 24, 2013 02:13 PM

thank you cleach.

• 4.  RE: ACCP code level change

Posted Mar 12, 2013 04:30 PM

Would it be smart to wait till April to take the Clearpass bootcamp?

• 5.  RE: ACCP code level change

Posted Mar 12, 2013 05:06 PM

That would be my recommendation.  Better to get the newer material.  The course will also be cheaper since it will be elearning for lecture and virtual training for labs.

• 6.  RE: ACCP code level change

Posted Apr 24, 2013 08:40 PM

I am getting pressure to go ahead and take the (3.9/5.1) ACCP Exam.  

Does anyone have any advice on preparing for it? I have heard study the related courseware but if there is something else that may help us pass?

ce

• 7.  RE: ACCP code level change

Posted Aug 09, 2013 04:09 AM

Any news on the update of the certification to 6.x? I'm scheduled for training in September and would very much like to follow up with a certification.

• 8.  RE: ACCP code level change

Posted Aug 09, 2013 12:38 PM

It's in Pearson VUE's hands now.  Expect 2-2.5 weeks.  Absolutely by end of August.

• 9.  RE: ACCP code level change

Posted Aug 15, 2013 07:46 PM

Hi Chris,

That's great news! A couple of quesitons. Do you know if there will be an ACCA and a ACCP test; or, just a refresh of the ACCP? Is there any chance that the new ACCA/P Study Guide/s PDF will be released before the test is released? It would be great to start preparing to take this test when it is released at the end of August.

One more question. Can you share the estimated cost for the cert?

Thanks!

-Mike

• 10.  RE: ACCP code level change

Posted Aug 16, 2013 04:50 PM

For now it will just be an update to ACCP.  The cost will remain $125 as it is for all of our Pearson VUE certs.

We are investigating the creation of an ACCA but no timelines have been set.

The study guide will be posted upon exam availability as we don't want to have a study guide available until the exam is ready.

• 11.  RE: ACCP code level change

Posted Sep 07, 2013 08:44 PM

Hi Chris,

I saw it mentioned in another post that the ACCP v6 has been released on the Pearson-Vue website. Could you point out where we can download the study guide for this test? I checked on the website:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/training-top/certification/

And it still mentions references the 5.x ACCP test.

Thanks for your help!

-Mike 

• 12.  RE: ACCP code level change

Posted Sep 09, 2013 06:14 PM

Study guide is in process.  Hope to turn it over to Marketing for formatting and posting in the next couple days.

• 13.  RE: ACCP code level change

Posted Sep 10, 2013 08:14 PM

Hi,

I was just curious if there was anything specific that should be read when considering the topics in the Study Guide.

Is there recommended reading? Or just stuff like the configuration guides that are available and then working with the CPPM itself?

Thank you,

Cheers

• 14.  RE: ACCP code level change

Posted Sep 11, 2013 06:13 PM

Well, the recommended prep for ACCP is to take the ClearPass Essentials Training Class.  Outside of that then you are correct.  View the study guide and become familiar with the topics listed through a combination of user guides and experience with the product.

• 15.  RE: ACCP code level change

Posted Sep 11, 2013 06:25 PM

Thanks @cleach!

I wasn't aware that there was a ClearPass Essentials Training Class.

I will take a look. Thank you!

• 16.  RE: ACCP code level change

Posted Sep 16, 2013 04:01 AM

Hi Christopher!

Any news on the study guide? I'm scheduled for exam on thursday :)

Best regards,

Chris

• 17.  RE: ACCP code level change

Posted Sep 16, 2013 01:25 PM

I took the new ACCP test this morning and passed it. I've been working on a bunch of Clearpass installs over the past few months and found the material to be very fair and straightforward. I'm used to vendor tests where they try to give you the shaft by testing you on an obscure note that's found in the footer of an even more obscure doc. It was nice to sit thorugh the ACCP and feel that it was based on actual troubleshooting and deployment scenarios.

I did **bleep** the bed on the Airgroup section, but I've only seen that done once, so what are you going to do.

-Mike

• 18.  RE: ACCP code level change

Posted Sep 16, 2013 02:35 PM

Hi Mike!

That's nice to hear, congratulations! I've been working in some Clearpass installations also and deployed Guest and Onboard in different variations. I've just got back from the Clearpass partner bootcamp where we touched a little bit about everything.

Do you have any words of advice on what to read for the test? Since the study guide's still missing that would be very appreciated. 

Thanx,

Chris

• 19.  RE: ACCP code level change

Posted Sep 16, 2013 04:32 PM

Chris,

I attended the online Clearpass Essentials class and also the Advanced Clearpass training, which really helped. I would make sure that you understand how to achieve all of the goals from the 5.x study guide in 6.x. Next, I would make sure you understand how enforcement profiles and policies are defined, how to put together a service definition, and the mechanics of OnGuard and OnBoard.

It sounds like to me that your real world experience will help you win the day. Best of luck!

-Mike

• 20.  RE: ACCP code level change

Posted Sep 17, 2013 05:22 PM

ACCP v6.0 study guide is now up!

Direct link:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/education/SG_ACCP.pdf

Also from the certification page:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/training-top/certification/