Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

ACMA 6.1 - Lab2

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ACMA 6.1 - Lab2

Posted Sep 25, 2013 12:55 PM

Hi All;

I'm looking for the book of the ACMA, and in the second lab, we have to create 3 VLANs: X1 (Management), X1 (Employee) and X3 (Guest), and enable DHCP only in X3.

Is it correct, or have some mistake in the book?  Which DHCP the AP will use to provisioning? I think is necessary to enable DHCP in all VLANs, or in X0 at least.

Best Regards.

Valter Junior

• 2.  RE: ACMA 6.1 - Lab2

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 25, 2013 01:22 PM

This is for clients.  In that lab, the guest clients will get their IP addresses FROM THE CONTROLLER.  In the other VLANs, you are using an external DHCP server in the company

• 3.  RE: ACMA 6.1 - Lab2

Posted Sep 25, 2013 01:59 PM

Hi Seth. Thanks for your answer.

Questions:

1 - I need to enable DHCP for VLANs X0 and X11 in the External Server (the same that is user for Authentication, IP 10.254.1.21), or the Controller?

2 - The student's notebook will get an IP address from the Controller or from the External Server?

3 - The APs will get an IP address from the Controller using VLAN X0 (interface 1/2) or from the External Server?

Best Regards.

Valter Junior

• 4.  RE: ACMA 6.1 - Lab2

Posted Sep 27, 2013 12:18 PM

Anybody help me?

I'm working in a ATC and would like to configure this LAB with the most correct configuration possible. 

Best Regards

Valter Junior

• 5.  RE: ACMA 6.1 - Lab2

Posted Oct 02, 2013 01:31 PM

Ok you have a few things going on here that relates to a real world WiFi set up.

In the class we use a windows 2008 server set up with VLAN 10, and 11. this server provides the DHCP for the AP and the Employee SSID.  also note VLAN 10 and 11 are trunked off the controller on port 1/0.  in the class this trunk goes back to the server.

VLAN 10 is your local or maintenance VLAN and would simulate the local network that the controller and AP are connected to.  this is your existing LAN in the real world. 

VLAN 11 is the IP range that will be handed out to the clients when they attach to the employee SSID - this SSID is configured in a L2 deployment and hands out a default gateway that is upstream from the controller.

The Guest SSID uses VLAN 13 and is deployed in a L3 deployment, this means that the controller ends or terminates the VLAN. VLAN 13 is not trunked off the controller and must be routed (hence L3 not L2) this requires that VLAN 13 either have a dhcp service on the conteoller or use a dhcp helper to send dhcp requests out to the production network.   we commonly use this on the guest network because the simple dhcp service on the controller does not expose anything from the corp network to the guest

I hope this helps

Kelly

• 6.  RE: ACMA 6.1 - Lab2

Posted Oct 16, 2013 06:36 PM

Hi Kelly. Your post was very helpful!

In your case, you use the DHCP Server to provide IP address to VLAN 10.

In my case, I don't have a Server to configure as DHCP. The best solution is configure the DHCP service in the Controller, to provide IP address to VLAN 10, and connect the controller in the same switch when the PC clients are connected?

Best Regards. 

Valter Junior

• 7.  RE: ACMA 6.1 - Lab2

Posted Nov 20, 2013 04:36 PM

I am trying to find a study guide that will help me pass the ACMA 6.1 test. The only guide I found was through Aruba and it was too basic and didnt have really any info. Can someone point me in the right direction where to get a Legit guide to pass the test??

Thanks

Shaine Montgomery

Systems Engineer

CommunicaONE

shaine@communicaone.com

• 8.  RE: ACMA 6.1 - Lab2

Posted Nov 20, 2013 10:14 PM

The best study guide is a class ;-)

actually Aruba has the Validated Reference Design guides in the resource section - those have great information in them, There is a campus design and one for the controllers ..

• 9.  RE: ACMA 6.1 - Lab2

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 06, 2014 09:58 AM

Check out the “Becoming Mobility Certified” event, we are covering ACMA this month (May 2014). Join us! http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Training-Certification-Career/Becoming-Mobility-Certified-ACMA-May-2014/td-p/158724