Training, Certification & Career

New Contributor

ACMA Bootcamp Advice

I'm interested in attending a bootcamp to become ACMA certified.  It seems like there are several different entities that provide Aruba bootcamps to learn Aruba Mobility technologies and become ACMA certified and I'm confused as to where to go.

Has anyone here attended an Aruba ACMA oriented bootcamp?  If so, can you share if it was a worthwhile experience and link the info on it so I can possibly register?

Also, I would like to purchase some used equipment off of eBay to use for a self study lab.  Would one controller and two access points be enough and which models should I get?

-Thanks

Chief Airhead

Re: ACMA Bootcamp Advice

[ Edited ]

You can go here to sign up for classes. http://inter.viewcentral.com/events/cust/cust_tracks.aspx?company_login_id=aruba&pid=1&track_id=7

The equipment from ebay is a good option. It will be older models unless you shell out some good cash. You should stay on the lookout for 3200xm models for under $500. Two controllers is best so you can practice redundancy and also tunneling. Also look for aruba 135 IAP models. If you can find them under 300 you should grab them. The 135s 3 stream 11n 2.4 and 5ghz as well as let you do spectrum monitoring. The IAP models let you be able to Lab the controllerless and controller architecture's. 

You could also enter this months mobility hero contest to win:

1x 7005 controller, 1x IAP225, and 1x IAP205.

Sorry for the late reply.

Sean Rynearson | Chief Airhead
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company