Training, Certification & Career

Contributor I

ACMA or ACMP?

Hi,

There are probabaly tons of post related but I will ask again any way.

Which one to take?

I read through the Aruba certification website and it does not seem like ACMA is required in order to pass the exam for the ACMP. It does not seem like ACMP has any pre-requisites at all.

I am certified already with CCNA Wireless. To me (correct me if wrong), ACMA is pretty much the same as CCNA Wireless. So just donot want to spend time to re-study what I know already.

Thanks,

/S

Contributor I

Re: ACMA or ACMP?

The ACMA is not like the CCNA Wireless, I currently hold both certifications.  The ACMA is specific to Aruba.  It does have some questions about general wireless knowledge.  But you also need to know certain  Aruba model and their capabilities.

Contributor I

The same to CCNA Wireless. There are part of generic wireless technology stuff and others are Cisco specific. I would say ACMA does the same.

So from your perspective, start with ACMA first then approaching ACMP?

Contributor I

:smileyindifferent:Still need suggestions, guys...

MVP

what is your goal? like you say ACMA is not required for ACMP, so you could just go for ACMP if you feel up to for it.

MVP

You used to be able to get your ACMA by taking an online test after attending a bootcamp so I'm not very impressed when I see ACMA on a resume. IMO, the ACMP is the minimum level you should strive for.

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Contributor I

Honestly, we got an RFP listing ACMA as one of the preferred certifications. I am trying to get the cert to match RFP but meantime, I am wonder why not get the ACMP directly since I will need to spend time studying the aruba stuffs...

Contributor I

Thanks, since my simple goal is to match RFP, either ACMA or ACMP will serve my need...but I just do not want to re-learn the same stuffs over and over again for certifications... I am not that old to have poor memory :)

Occasional Contributor II

I am taking the ACMA tomorrow morning. I was initially thinking of skipping the ACMA and going straight for ACMP. However, I backed off and felt I was more prepared for ACMA with some review and what I had already learned from our current network.

I disagree that you would have to relearn items as the ACMP builds on the ACMA. IP mobility, spectrum monitor, S3500 access switch configuration, roaming, and mulit-controller network operation(master/local) are the big differences.

One thing I did that worked great for me was to compare the ACMA and ACMP study guide. I created a spreadsheet with all the ACMP bullets then made two additional columns - ACMA and ACMP, marking an X beside the subject bullet to designate what is on the ACMA from what is on the ACMP. Doing this I can see what remaining topics I have left, given that I pass the ACMA *crosses fingers*.

I figured having an understanding of the fundamentals and passing the ACMA, will allow me more time to focus on the more advanced topics for when I'm ready to take the ACMP. Building the foundation, I guess you would say.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Contributor I

Hope you passed by now :) If so, congatulations!!

I kinda agree with you. It is common form for manufacture cert: part of the generic tech and part of the vendor specific. I probabaly will end-up doing for the ACMA first then join a boot camp (depends on if my boss pays that :)) for higher cert but I am still debating...

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: