Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

ACMP 6.1 Exam

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ACMP 6.1 Exam

Posted Jan 24, 2012 07:15 AM

Hello all.

In October, I attended the Mobility Bootcamp and passed the ACMA exam. Now that I've finished my CCNP, I want to move on to try the ACMP sometime over the next month or two. I understand ACMP 5.0 is retiring end of this month, and the next option is the 6.1 exam. Unfortunately, it was version 6.0 of the training I attended. Is there a significant difference that will cause major issues in passing the exam based on using the 6.0 materials?

Also - I looked at the 6.1 Study Guide, I notice that the sample questions only have answers for half of them. It would be very helpful to get the rest of the answers for reference.

Any other hints or tips for helping to pass 6.1 would be greatly appreciated!

J

• 2.  RE: ACMP 6.1 Exam

Posted Jan 24, 2012 06:12 PM

Hi J-

A couple of things are added to the 6.1 exam that were not included in the 5.0 version.  Specifically, S3500, AirWave, WIDS and Spectrum are the main new topics.

Hope that helps.

Kevin

• 3.  RE: ACMP 6.1 Exam

Posted Jan 25, 2012 04:17 AM

Hi Kevin

thanks for your reply - that's really helpful. Would I be correct in thinking that the Aruba OS 6.1 user guide might be a good starting point to supplement my 6.0 training materials?

Also - there is a small section on Airwave within the 6.0 materials - would any supplemental reading be required on this topic?

Thanks again

J

• 4.  RE: ACMP 6.1 Exam

Posted Jan 26, 2012 05:40 PM

@J-

Since you already are familiar with 6.0, then you can easily augment your knowledge with a review of the 6.1 userguide in the areas I mentioned previously.  The S3500 material would be completely new to you, so you should look at the online videos that are available in our LMS system.  That should give you the information you need for questions that arise on that.

I believe the VisualRF is basically unchanged from the 6.0 course. My mistake on that.

Kevin

• 5.  RE: ACMP 6.1 Exam

Posted Jan 27, 2012 04:25 AM

Fantastic information - thank you again Kevin. Wish me luck........!

• 6.  RE: ACMP 6.1 Exam

Posted Jan 30, 2012 11:07 AM

Let me know how it goes!

Kevin

• 7.  RE: ACMP 6.1 Exam

Posted Jan 31, 2012 06:04 AM
    perhaps a bit of a thread hijack (though it was brought up in the first post), but are we allowed to discuss the answers on the even numbered questions of the 6.1 study guide?

• 8.  RE: ACMP 6.1 Exam

Posted Jan 31, 2012 12:04 PM

We will not prevent discussion of the study guide.  However, if the discussion extends to specific questions in the exam beyond the guide, then that would be outside the scope of the forum.

Thanks,

Kevin

• 9.  RE: ACMP 6.1 Exam

Posted Feb 01, 2012 07:56 AM

Thanks for clarifying that Kevin. Could you tell us why there are only answers for half of the questions in the study guide? It would be really helpful to have answers for them all - helps with the logic of what is expected in the exam!

Thanks

James

• 10.  RE: ACMP 6.1 Exam

Posted Feb 02, 2012 03:13 PM

Just cleared my ACMP with 92% :) 

Thank you everyone on this forum who responded to the questions regarding the exam. 

• 11.  RE: ACMP 6.1 Exam

Posted Feb 02, 2012 03:50 PM

Fantastic - what a great score - congratulations. Care to share your study tips? :)

• 12.  RE: ACMP 6.1 Exam

Posted Feb 02, 2012 05:38 PM

Studied from the material for IAW and SWDI courses. I believe they are combined in a single bootcamp class.

Also need to remember the AP limits on the controllers which can 

http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/matrix-mobility-controller.pdf

Here is link to the AP product matrix - need to remember the capabilites of each AP 

http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/MAT_AP.pdf

They have added couple of questions related to Aruba3500 mobility switch, but I had not prepared for it in great detail. 

Also, I went through couple of VRDs but that may not be necessary for this exam. I believe that would be needed for the ACMX after reading some forum comments. 

Hope this helps ! 

• 13.  RE: ACMP 6.1 Exam

Posted Feb 02, 2012 05:40 PM

Cheers hthakker, that's a great help. 

Congratulations again my friend - great achievement!

j

• 14.  RE: ACMP 6.1 Exam

Posted Feb 02, 2012 05:53 PM

@jgriffiths wrote:

Cheers hthakker, that's a great help. 

Congratulations again my friend - great achievement!

j

jgriffiths, 

Forgot to mention that I have hands on experience of almost 8 months now :) 

• 15.  RE: ACMP 6.1 Exam

Posted Feb 02, 2012 05:58 PM

Thanks again hthakker, i have around 5 months now on and off. I'm hoping my background in Cisco & general knowledge of the wonderful world of wireless will also help. I'm fairly new to the Aruba products, but i've gotta say, its fantastic stuff. Hopefully I'll rise to the ACMP challenge soon! ;)

• 16.  RE: ACMP 6.1 Exam

Posted Feb 02, 2012 05:37 PM

Hi,

Could you please provide the link to the LMS training site?

• 17.  RE: ACMP 6.1 Exam

Posted Feb 02, 2012 05:43 PM

@olavarr wrote:

Hi,

Could you please provide the link to the LMS training site?

Are you looking for this link? 

https://arubanetworks.learn.com

• 18.  RE: ACMP 6.1 Exam

Posted Jan 26, 2012 05:16 PM

what if, i'm not able to attend any boot camp, do we have any study guide to read and clear the exams ?