Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

ACMP study guides??

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  ACMP study guides??

Posted Jul 02, 2012 02:50 PM

Hello, I recently went through the Mobility bootcamp and passed the ACMA.  I need the ACMP here in a few weeks and was wondering if there were any good study guides online to go through(besides the one on Aruba's website) or anything else to help prepare.  I assume the books I got in class will help out a lot as well but just in case.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: ACMP study guides??

Posted Jul 02, 2012 02:54 PM

The Bootcamp, notes, ACMA, Example Objectives and example guide on the Aruba Website are you best bets.

Some experience in practical implementation of all the parts-n-pieces doesn't hurt as well ;)

Good luck !

JF

ACMP certified since '07 ;-) 

• 3.  RE: ACMP study guides??

Posted Jul 03, 2012 03:45 PM

You definitely need to go through the Validated Reference Design guides.

Make notes of specific information that explains the different features of the ArubaOS code.

Some things are only referenced in the VRDs.

• 4.  RE: ACMP study guides??

Posted Jul 03, 2012 04:03 PM

Thanks!

• 5.  RE: ACMP study guides??

Posted Jul 03, 2012 04:56 PM

The Aruba OS 6.1 User Guide is also helping with my studies. 

• 6.  RE: ACMP study guides??

Posted Jul 22, 2012 04:31 AM

Hi Can we do the ACMP straight away without doing ACMA??

Thanks

• 7.  RE: ACMP study guides??

Posted Jul 22, 2012 06:24 AM

Its possible but ACMA first is the recommended route.  Those people who already have Wireless experience plus maybe other vendor wireless certs may opt to skip the ACMA.

• 8.  RE: ACMP study guides??

Posted Jul 24, 2012 02:48 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.According to you I should get ACMA first and ACMPlater ,Am I correct??If I do ACMP strainghtaway, any disadvantage??

Thanks

• 9.  RE: ACMP study guides??

Posted Jul 24, 2012 03:45 AM

No disadvantage if you feel you have the first level knowledge to skip ACMA and go for ACMP.  It is just the advised stepping stone by Aruba.

SEE THIS https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Training-Courses/RE-Requirements-of-ACMP/m-p/38046/highlight/true

• 10.  RE: ACMP study guides??

Posted Aug 15, 2012 06:48 AM

I've taken both the ACMA and ACMP - would recommend at least taking both just to make sure you have the information.

• 11.  RE: ACMP study guides??

Posted Aug 16, 2012 05:13 PM

ACMA is not required for ACMP.  Make sure you are comfortable with the content of IAW + SWDI or the Mobility Boot camp course materials which cover multi-controller environments.  The sutdy guide provides the ulitmate list of topics to know.

Kevin

• 12.  RE: ACMP study guides??

Posted Jul 21, 2012 01:12 AM
    I hate to jump on the end of, or in the middle of a post, but.... I also have some questions on the ACMP exam. Do you see many questions from the ACMA exam, or is the main focus of the ACMP exam based upon the study guide from the ACMP course? What, if anything would be a particular area of study to focus on? I will also take the advice from the other posts and review the additional material that were recommended? Thanks,

• 13.  RE: ACMP study guides??

Posted Jul 21, 2012 08:51 AM

I passed a few weeks back and had lots of questions on controller capabilities (number of AP's supported etc,etc), licenses, mobility domains, a few CLI commands and a lot of questions about which role will be assigned given a certain set of conditions...such as user authentication or machine authentication conditions.

My course books from the Mobility Bootcamp, The OS 6.1 User Guide and the Study Guide Helped a lot!.   Some helpful soul elsewhere in the airheads forum has answered the even numbered questions in the Study Guide which also gives you 13 answered examples of the type of exam question.  Similar if not exactly the same came up in the live exam I think.  Also my company had a demo kit so access to a controller to play with configs/Web GUI helped but is not essential!

I am guessing there are several hundred exam questions in the pool and when you sit the exam it randomly picks 75.  So my experience will differ to yours as randomly generated.

The exam presents 75 questions in 90 minutes.

Passing score is 75%.

Good Luck!

• 14.  RE: ACMP study guides??

Posted Jul 21, 2012 03:57 PM
    some good information..... Thanks!

• 15.  RE: ACMP study guides??

Posted Jul 21, 2012 07:45 PM

No problem and here is the link with the even numbered study guide question answers.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Certification-Mobility/6-1-study-guide-even-questions/m-p/29806/highlight/true#M137