Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

ACMX Study Group 2015

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  ACMX Study Group 2015

Posted Nov 08, 2014 03:48 PM

Hey Airheads,

I'm slated to take the ACMX in the beginning of next year and wanted to know if there were others that wanted to form a group to study for collaboration and knowledge share / bouncing ideas / topic share. If there's any interest, let's get started!

• 2.  RE: ACMX Study Group 2015

Posted Nov 20, 2014 02:37 PM

And here I am searching the community for study suggestions / lab setup :)

I´m in! I´ll be purchasing a lab for this and I was first thinking about buying 1x7010 and 2x7005. That will give me a controller with enough PoE ports to power the two other controllers and my APs. Neat setup! This will result in me having to do initial setup and reboots on the 7010 before even starting on the 7005´s due to PoE. Perhaps it´s better to use a real power source or a steady PoE switch =)

I´ve got a few AP´s available, I don´t think you´ll need many for practising.

What´s your thoughts on lab setup?

• 3.  RE: ACMX Study Group 2015

Posted Nov 26, 2014 10:46 AM

Hey Christoffer,

I'll send you a PM with my info so we can chat about labs and exercises.

• 4.  RE: ACMX Study Group 2015

Posted Dec 01, 2014 08:05 AM

HI, yes i'm looking to do the ACMX early 2015 so glad to share any thoughts.

• 5.  RE: ACMX Study Group 2015

Posted Dec 01, 2014 09:30 AM

Hi!

Welcome to the study group :) My suggestion is to keep as much of the discussion conserning lab setups, tips and trix etc in this thread to get a wider audience and also attract help from other people that have valuable input to what we´re doing.

I´ve purchased my lab controllers now, ended up buying 3x7005. I´ll be using a PoE switch to power the controllers and the APs I already have for the labs. Another tip is to either use ACLs on the switch or use a small firewall to be able to block ports that are needed for AP/controller/radius communication to practise troubleshooting.

Chris

• 6.  RE: ACMX Study Group 2015

Posted Jan 04, 2015 06:01 AM

Christoffer,

In terms of a small firewall, I was thinking about a pfSense FW. What do you have in your lab that you're using?

• 7.  RE: ACMX Study Group 2015

Posted Jan 05, 2015 09:27 AM

Pfsense will do great. According to me you´ll just need it for its most  simple tasks, blocking ports between your controllers/APs/Airwave.

I´m running ACLs on the switch I use to power up my 7005´s.

• 8.  RE: ACMX Study Group 2015

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 05, 2015 06:03 PM

You should consider creating a Google+ Hangouts group. It works well for group study/collaboration.

There is currently one for CWNP study.

• 9.  RE: ACMX Study Group 2015

Posted Oct 13, 2015 09:46 AM

Hi guys count me in thanks

• 10.  RE: ACMX Study Group 2015

Posted Jul 19, 2016 01:59 PM

I know this is a very old topic but hoping you might get this message! I am studying for the ACMX and am curious about the Firewall configurations. I understand the required ports for AP, Controllers, Radius, Airwave, etc however I dont understand how these would come into play in the Lab test. If they are blocked.. does that mean we have access to the firewall blocking them in order to remedy the situation? 

• 11.  RE: ACMX Study Group 2015

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 19, 2016 02:01 PM
    You or your proctor will have access to anything that needs to be changed.

• 12.  RE: ACMX Study Group 2015

Posted Jul 19, 2016 02:32 PM

Great, thanks Tim.