Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

ACMX Study Suggestions

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Nov 17, 2011 11:22 AM

Hello All!

I am looking to take the ACMX in the near future and was wondering if someone could suggest some lab exercises and study topics to prepare for it.

I am looking to take the new ACMX 6.x test.

Thank you for any and all suggestions.

• 2.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Nov 17, 2011 03:35 PM

I recently took and passed the ACMX (6.x version).  I would recommend studying all of the v8 VRDs.  Also, having a TON of hands on experience configuring Aruba gear will help.  It is a fairly short test (8 hours) and there is a lot of work to get done!  If you know the best practices (from the VRDs) for the major topics, you will do fine.

• 3.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Nov 17, 2011 06:11 PM

Thank you for the feedback / suggestions!

• 4.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Nov 20, 2011 07:32 PM

Congrats on your ACMX cert!  I took the test in the spring and ran out of time due to stupid mistakes in the morning...

I will second your point of having a TON of hands on experience with the gear.  For the most part, that is what got me through what I did get done..and, for the most part, done correctly.  Will be taking it again soon!!!

• 5.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Feb 18, 2012 01:51 AM

The Best Tip to clear ACMX is to Plan. 

Take your time to understand the question and plan your stuffs before touching the device. Once you start config, Focus on completing and finally go for the troubleshooting

• 6.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted May 23, 2012 11:05 AM

How many years do you recommend of experience with aruba before trying to get this certification ACMX?

By now im like this already

i started last year with wirless solutions, after i took the course of ACMA i took the examn right away on november of last year and i started installing Aruba solutions... i have been installing almost all the aruba deployments we got thats like one proyect every month or something like that  some are bigs like some schools with a lot of Access points, configured named vlans, vlan pooling, IPmobility , local master switches, air time, band steering etc, other are smaller but with lot of security, with RAdius integration and with WIPs... this year i took the ACMP course and i took the exam and passed, that was like on febrary and now im taking the ACSP course and i plan to take the exam as soon i can see it on the pearson vue webpage

Anyways im aware i dont even have a year of experience with this or installing wireless network, but i can tell i really like the solution and i ask all the installations i can  deploy here.

I would like to know how much Experiece i would need BEFORE i can take this exam?  because i would really like to take it :)

now i think of  this is the only solution in which i can actually configure almost everything i learn on the course....we sell many solutions but i dont have the opportunitty to configure everything becasue ont he clients the scenario does not give you that oportunity...

• 7.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Jun 06, 2012 03:28 PM

We usually recommend 1 - 2 years experience deploying and troubleshooting an Aruba based system before the exam. We also STRONGLY urge taking the Advanced troubleshooting  class as there may be some things in there that could be useful for you in the exam that you may not be familiar with.

Obviously, any recommendations we make do not guarantee passing the exam, but certainly help with ensuring that you have seen appropriate materials and methodologies.

Kevin

• 8.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Jul 07, 2012 11:34 PM

Hello TrainerGuy

Olino  said that it is really important to know the VRDs for this exam

Does this mean knowing all the VRDs on the Aruba site i mean this ones?

http://www.arubanetworks.com/technology/reference-design-guides/

Does i need to know BYOD/Amigopod for this exam?

Im not planning to do it like now the exam, maybe in 2 years.... The thing is that i want o start now preparing....  and i want to have the tools i need to pass

For example knowing all the VRDs which im starting to read them.

Im getting hands on Experience... im asking all the Wireless Network deployments with aruba in my company,  im actually installing all of them...

getting my book of CWNA to get the CWNA certification  After that ill try getting the CWNP(any other you recomend for this exam?)

I already got the ACMA and ACMP.  Whent to the ACSP course but the Exam is not yet available to do it...

Ill eventually get the Advance troubleshooting course of course

Anything else you think its needed tht im missing?

The only thing that worry me is not knowing about BYOD/Amigopod.... we have not sell that yet and i dont know almost nothing of it....

• 9.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Jul 08, 2012 12:38 AM

Yes that link you have posted is indeed Contain the "VRD" style documents.  Good to study, no doubt, however from my perspective hands-on, hands-on, hands-on is what will increase your probability of success in ACMX.   You need to be able to 'build'   efficiently and under pressure, not just 'build' .  Aren't exams fun ?  ;)

• 10.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Jul 08, 2012 01:52 AM

Well im trying to get all the hands on i can, the thing ist hat we need more complex proyects...or well i need more complex proyects...

But as far i see the companies here which can actually pay for a really complex  expensive  proyect just want cisco... or are just cisco cisco cisco all over their network...

• 11.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Jul 08, 2012 05:24 PM

Well, we do recommend 2 years of experience w/ Aruba before attempting ACMX/ACDX.  

If you have access to lab gear, just practice all the labs from MBC, Airwave, and ATS.  If you can get through the MBC labs quickly and reliably you're most of the way there.  At that point you'll be comfortable w/ taking controllers from scratch, bringing them up, applying licenses, touching all the profiles to build SSIDs, setting up Mobility, Master-Local, redundancy, etc.  

• 12.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Jul 08, 2012 05:46 PM

Where can i get this?

"just practice all the labs from MBC, Airwave, and ATS"

I mean those labs? MBC? whats that? ATS?

• 13.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Jul 08, 2012 06:53 PM

Chris is referring to the labs you get access to (your course work/book) when you take

MBC = Mobility Boot Camp

Airwave = AWMS training

ATS = Advanced Troubleshooting.

JF

• 14.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Jul 08, 2012 09:36 PM

Im mising the Airwave training and the Advance troubleshooting heh

i hope my boss pay me both trainings :) hehe

• 15.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Jul 08, 2012 10:00 PM

Good to put a training plan together for sure... so you can be 'first in line' when budget comes up ;)

Good luck!!

• 16.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Jul 08, 2012 10:07 PM

yep im alrady studying the VRDs.... which will help me to deploy better my deployment and i read already some stuff i shouldnt do... that i was doing.

I want that cert as this is the brand we sell in our company that i like the most.   :)

ihope being ACMX also like you all :D

About the buget of the trainng i dont worry too much about that my boss already paid me ACMP trainig and ACSP training dont see why he wont pay the Advance troubleshooting training  i bealive he will want ACMX in our company, and the only in the country. :)

• 17.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Jul 08, 2012 10:11 PM

Great to hear it... nice to see a company but more importantly an individual (yourself ;)) dedicated and motivated to learn all that's out there.

Kudos...

JF

PS - find the training somewhere WARM would be my final guidance ;-)

• 18.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Aug 15, 2012 01:46 AM

Hello Guys , 

I have my ACMX Exam in two months , and one guy was telling me that we are not allowed to use the GUI for the configuration and we can do it only through CLI , Could anyone confirm if this is true !!!!!!!!!!! or we can use the GUI in the exam !!

thanks 

• 19.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Aug 15, 2012 01:49 AM

Wow, that is some bad info.  You can absolutely use either.  The laptops we provide you with have a terminal emulator for serial access, an SSH client, and of course a web browser to use the GUI.  Use whatever you are most comfortable with.

• 20.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Sep 29, 2012 06:15 AM

Dears , few more questions if any one can help me with 

1- do we have to configure MST200 , MSR 2000 , 4000 in the exam ? and do we have to have the knowledge of that ?

or only Aruba Mesh with AP 175 ?

2- Do we have to configure clearpass ( Amigopod ) in the exam ? or its part of it 

3 - Do we have to configure Aruba Instant AP?

appreaciate your answer ASAP , many thanks 

• 21.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Sep 29, 2012 02:01 PM

No AirMesh/MSR's.  But yes, Aruba thin-AP mesh may be on the exam.  No ClearPass but Yes to Airwave.  No Instant but Yes to RAP.

• 22.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Oct 06, 2012 12:10 AM

Im having my ACMP on monday, thinking about doing the ACMX in Desember. yikes.

The Airwave part in acmx. Does it include WMS RTLS configuration?

• 23.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Oct 06, 2012 02:49 PM

The Airwave is only for Monituring the network , this is what its written in the ACMX Study Guide 

But My Last Question , is VIA included in ACMX ? and do we have to read the VIA VRD ??!!

Thanks 

• 24.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Oct 08, 2012 02:22 PM

VIA is not part of ACMX 6.1.

• 25.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Oct 10, 2012 08:49 AM

i Know.. thats why i was woundering about if the Aruba WMS, RTLS.

from study guide:

AirWave
    We use AirWave version 7.2 in the exam. You are expected to be
    able to provision the Aruba network to be seen and monitored by the
    AirWave server.

So is there RTLS beeing used in airwave config?

Dont know how advanced they are thinking the network design sould be when you only got 8 hours..

Regards,

Peet

• 26.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Oct 10, 2012 01:35 PM

You should know how to add a floorplan and populate APs on both Airwave and the controller RF Plan interfaces.

• 27.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Dec 17, 2012 12:09 PM

Hello Dears ,

Why the ACMX exam has beed removed from the website , I was trying to search for the schedul but I can see only ACDX and not MX

Any idea ?!

Thanks ...

• 28.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Dec 17, 2012 01:57 PM

There are no sessions currently scheduled.  Please send an e-mail to training@arubanetworks.com to request the exam.  We will try to get a few other folks lined up and will schedule the exam.

• 29.  RE: ACMX Study Suggestions

Posted Oct 20, 2015 08:00 AM

Hi Christopher

Thanks for valuable information you have shared . I have a question here . Will the voice support section include the mobility access switch configuration ?