Training, Certification & Career

Highlighted
Super Contributor II

Becoming Mobility Certified - ACMP - July 2014

lg-certification-badge.acma copy.pngIt's time to progress. THis month we will be covering the ACMP certification.

The Aruba-Certified Mobility Professional (ACMP) exam questions cover the topics listed below. The questions include key concepts, networking and topology design, GUI and CLI interpretation, GUI and CLI troubleshooting and interpretation of CLI configuration file segments.

An ACMP certified engineer is able to deploy and manage alarge scale, multi-controller Aruba wireless LAN. Certificationexam topics include Aruba system architecture and design,RF planning with Visual RF, authentication, encryption, firewalloperation and policies, role based access control, multi-controller environments and redundancy, S3500configuration and deployment, Layer 2 and Layer 3 roaming,and wireless intrusion detection with RFProtect.Candidates are recommended to complete ImplementingAruba Wireless (IAW) and Scalable WLAN Design andImplementation (SWDI) course prior to taking the ACMPexam. Alternatively, candidates can attend the Mobility BootCamp (MBC). The Pearson/VUE administered exam consistsof 75 multiple-choice questions that must be completedwithin ninety minutes.

The exam fee is $125.

Topic Guide

ACMP

Product Knowledge

Firewall Roles and Policies

Operations

Planning and Design

RF Protect

Troubleshooting

Applications and Solutions

Study Guide

Screen Shot 2014-07-01 at 2.06.27 PM.png

---Stay Tuned, more to come on this page.

Back to "Becoming Mobility Certified"

Sean Rynearson
Super Contributor II

Re: Becoming Mobility Certified - ACMP - July 2014

Now Has 60 Practice Questions.

Sean Rynearson
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks very much!! Really appreciate the help.

Contributor I

Hey Sean, Just been going through the ACMP Practice Quiz and I noticed some of the answers don't seem to be correct. For example, one of the questions was 'When encrypting a wireless LAN, which of the following is not an encryption type:

TKIP

WEP

AES

MS-CHAP V2

I chose MSCHAPv2, but the correct answer shown was TKIP. I'm sure MSCHAPv2 is an authentication type and not an encryption type. There are other answers in the quiz which don't seem accurate as well. I have attached the above example and a couple of others for your reference.

Super Contributor II

Thanks for the feedback.  @Jamie E will make some edits. 

Any more feedback... please let us know.

Sean Rynearson

Just passed my ACMP exam!! :smileyvery-happy: Thanks for all the help Sean

Super Contributor II

Awesome! Can you tell us what things from this page helped the most?

Sean Rynearson

What helped me the most was the firewall roles and policies links as well as the WLAN architecture link. Also I went through the quiz a few times over.

Finally got my ACMP after delaying it for 2 years. Passed yesterday :)
I'll post my exam thoughts shortly.

I did not do the 6.3 version as I had the 6.1 scheduled which I postponed multiple times until I couldn't postpone any further :)
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]

look at the questions i encountered one about FQLN, something which isn't available anymore in newer version, time to take it out?

also a question about the 651 which hasn't been possible to operate as AP for almost as long as it has been out :)

still it was a fun experience, wonder if i will just go straight for my recert exam or do some brushing up.