Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

Becoming Mobility Certified - ACMP - July 2014

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Becoming Mobility Certified - ACMP - July 2014

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 01, 2014 02:10 PM

lg-certification-badge.acma copy.pngIt's time to progress. THis month we will be covering the ACMP certification.

The Aruba-Certified Mobility Professional (ACMP) exam questions cover the topics listed below. The questions include key concepts, networking and topology design, GUI and CLI interpretation, GUI and CLI troubleshooting and interpretation of CLI configuration file segments.

An ACMP certified engineer is able to deploy and manage alarge scale, multi-controller Aruba wireless LAN. Certificationexam topics include Aruba system architecture and design,RF planning with Visual RF, authentication, encryption, firewalloperation and policies, role based access control, multi-controller environments and redundancy, S3500configuration and deployment, Layer 2 and Layer 3 roaming,and wireless intrusion detection with RFProtect.Candidates are recommended to complete ImplementingAruba Wireless (IAW) and Scalable WLAN Design andImplementation (SWDI) course prior to taking the ACMPexam. Alternatively, candidates can attend the Mobility BootCamp (MBC). The Pearson/VUE administered exam consistsof 75 multiple-choice questions that must be completedwithin ninety minutes.

The exam fee is $125.

Topic Guide

ACMP

Product Knowledge

Firewall Roles and Policies

Operations

Planning and Design

RF Protect

Troubleshooting

Applications and Solutions

Study Guide

Screen Shot 2014-07-01 at 2.06.27 PM.png

---Stay Tuned, more to come on this page.

Back to "Becoming Mobility Certified"

• 2.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - ACMP - July 2014

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 01, 2014 09:34 PM

Now Has 60 Practice Questions.

• 3.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - ACMP - July 2014

Posted Mar 11, 2015 03:57 PM

The quiz still seems to have a couple of incorrect answers...

When configuring the Mobility Controller’s internal DHCP via the startup wizard which option is not available for configuration?

• Pool name
    • Default router (Your Answer)
    • Default router (Your Answer)
    • Domain name

Default Router appears twice and if both entries are selected, the question is marked incorrect (even though we are instructed to select all that apply).

Which of the following is true of an Aruba Mobility Controller acting as a layer 2 switch? (select all that apply)

• The Mobility Controller is the client's default router. (Missed Answer)
    • The Mobility Controller acts as a bridge. (Your Answer)
    • All stations must use the same VLAN
    • Uplink ports on the Mobility Controller can use 802.1q (Your Answer)

If the controller is acting as a layer 2 switch, it is acting as a bridge and cannot be the client's default router.

Thanks for posting this.

Hank Massey

• 4.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - ACMP - July 2014

Posted Apr 15, 2015 12:30 PM

I think the problem with the second question is that it should read:

"Which of the following is true of an Aruba Mobility Controller acting as a layer 3 switch? (select all that apply)"

Then the correct answers:

"The Mobility Controller is the client's default router."

"Uplink ports on the Mobility Controller can use 802.1q"

make sense.

• 5.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - ACMP - July 2014

Posted May 25, 2015 05:44 AM

ACMP recert coming up so doing the questions again. there still are some errors in my opinion.

Q: Remote AP in tunnel mode, by default, uses which of the following to encrypt user traffic back to the mobility controller?

i believe this traffic is send via the tunnel, so it is encrypted right? if you don't consider putting it in a tunnel as encrypting then please mention the tunnel part at least.

from Aruba documentation: http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/AP_RAP-Security.pdf

When the double encryption feature is enabled, data traffic from a wireless client connected to a
    tunneled SSID is encrypted at Layer 2. This encrypted data is then re-encrypted in the IPsec tunnel that is setup from the RAP to the Mobility Controller. Disabling the double encryption will cause the
    wireless frames to be encrypted only using IPsec from the RAP to the Mobility Controller.

the current "correct" answer doesn't feel correct to me: The AP does not encrypt user traffic. The user's link layer encryption is used. 

Q: Which Management account type allows you to add users to the database

next to guest admin i believe root should be there. the answer says ROOT, so if that isn't the correct answer because it is in CAPS then please rethink what you are trying to test here.

Q: When configuring the Mobility Controller’s internal DHCP via the startup wizard which option is not available for configuration?

still wrong, double Default router answer and correct answer should be Pool name.

Q: Which of the following is true of an Aruba Mobility Controller acting as a layer 2 switch? (select all that apply)

still wrong, "The Mobility Controller is the client's default router" is wrong, "The Mobility Controller acts as a bridge" is right.

Q: How many RAP's does the 3400 controller support?

we are getting in the 1:4 AP:RAP discussion here, which is confusing people since a long time:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/CAP-vs-RAP-licences-limitations/td-p/48180

and as i believe the idea is for them to be 1:1 don't mention the old way it in a test. i feel the same about the 651 question.

• 6.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - ACMP - July 2014

Posted Jul 17, 2015 02:22 PM

i passed the ACMA last month and i have started studying for the ACMP exam! I am planning on testing at the begining of next month! Thanks for all the great info everyone!

• 7.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - ACMP - July 2014

Posted Jul 17, 2015 02:24 PM
    Congrats!

• 8.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - ACMP - July 2014

Posted Jul 03, 2014 05:34 AM

Thanks very much!! Really appreciate the help.

• 9.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - ACMP - July 2014

Posted Jul 03, 2014 09:29 AM

Hey Sean, Just been going through the ACMP Practice Quiz and I noticed some of the answers don't seem to be correct. For example, one of the questions was 'When encrypting a wireless LAN, which of the following is not an encryption type:

TKIP

WEP

AES

MS-CHAP V2

I chose MSCHAPv2, but the correct answer shown was TKIP. I'm sure MSCHAPv2 is an authentication type and not an encryption type. There are other answers in the quiz which don't seem accurate as well. I have attached the above example and a couple of others for your reference.

• 10.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - ACMP - July 2014

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 08, 2014 04:38 PM

Thanks for the feedback.  @Anonymous will make some edits. 

Any more feedback... please let us know.

• 11.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - ACMP - July 2014

Posted Jul 15, 2014 06:59 AM

Just passed my ACMP exam!! :smileyvery-happy: Thanks for all the help Sean

• 12.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - ACMP - July 2014

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 15, 2014 12:24 PM

Awesome! Can you tell us what things from this page helped the most?

• 13.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - ACMP - July 2014

Posted Jul 16, 2014 12:45 AM

What helped me the most was the firewall roles and policies links as well as the WLAN architecture link. Also I went through the quiz a few times over.

• 14.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - ACMP - July 2014

Posted Jul 18, 2014 10:27 AM
    Finally got my ACMP after delaying it for 2 years. Passed yesterday :)
    I'll post my exam thoughts shortly.

I did not do the 6.3 version as I had the 6.1 scheduled which I postponed multiple times until I couldn't postpone any further :)

• 15.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - ACMP - July 2014

Posted Dec 24, 2014 04:42 AM

look at the questions i encountered one about FQLN, something which isn't available anymore in newer version, time to take it out?

also a question about the 651 which hasn't been possible to operate as AP for almost as long as it has been out :)

still it was a fun experience, wonder if i will just go straight for my recert exam or do some brushing up.