Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

Becoming Mobility Certified - CWNA - June 2014

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Becoming Mobility Certified - CWNA - June 2014

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 07, 2014 11:11 AM

Airheads Social Community News

CWNA

Beginning June 2014 we will be highlighting CWNP's Certified Wireless Network Administrator certification. With the help of CWNP and the Airheads Community members we will assist you in achieving the CWNA certification. If you would like to participate please chime in. Any suggestions, let us know. Any errors you see, please point them out.

The CWNA certification is the foundation level enterprise Wi-Fi certification for the CWNP Program, and CWNA is required for your CWSP, CWAP, CWDP and CWNE certifications. Your CWNA certification will get you started in your wireless career by ensuring you have the skills to successfully survey, install, and administer enterprise Wi-Fi networks.

CWNA (PW0-105) Exam Summary
    We have many updates in this 2.1 release - let us know what you think!

• Exam Number: PW0-105
    • Cost: $175.00 U.S.
    • Availability: Register at Pearson VUE
    • Duration: 90 minutes
    • Questions: 60
    • Question Types: Multiple choice / multiple answer
    • Passing Score: 70% (80% for Instructors)

The main subject areas covered by CWNA
    Radio Frequency (RF) Technologies

Antenna Concepts

Wireless LAN Hardware and Software
    Network Design, Installation, and Management

Wireless Standards and Organizations

802.11 Network Architecture

Wireless LAN Security

Troubleshooting

How to Perform Site Surveys

Exam Objectives

CWNP and the Airheads Community have come together to give you 60 CWNA practice questions. As you are takeing the quiz please provide us feedback with any questions that are unclear so we can fix them and make them better. Also if you have a good CWNA question, reply to this post with is and we will add it into the quiz.

CWNA Flashcards

CWNA Practice Quiz

Screen Shot 2014-06-10 at 9.22.33 AM.png 

Back to "Becoming Mobility Certified"

• 2.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - CWNA - June 2014

Posted May 09, 2014 06:24 PM

FYI...

they have updated the CWNA exam (PW0-106) and will retire the current (PW0-105) on July 1, 2014 with the biggest changes coming in adding key elements of 802.11ac standard (Transmit Beamforming, MU-MIMO, and VHT).

http://cwnp.com/certifications/cwna

I don't plan on taking the updated CWNA (just passed CWAP so it renewed the CWNA), but I can definitely contribute to the discussion.

• 3.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - CWNA - June 2014

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 28, 2014 05:57 PM

Yep Yep, We will update this page when 106 comes out. Awesome job passing CWAP!!! 

• 4.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - CWNA - June 2014

Posted May 30, 2014 04:21 PM
    Let's do this!!!

• 5.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - CWNA - June 2014

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 02, 2014 11:28 AM

@pmonardo , would you like to write on a topic? 

• 6.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - CWNA - June 2014

Posted Jun 02, 2014 02:36 PM
    Would love to but have to figure out which topic first.

• 7.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - CWNA - June 2014

Posted Jun 09, 2014 12:56 PM

Hi All. Just got an email to join your page via the CWNP organization; so I did. I'm studying for my CWNA as we speak. Unfortunately I didn't pass my first time around. I think I rushed into the test the fist time after reading the book and thinking it would be as easy as the CWTS. I'm now re-reading the book and paying extra close attention to the content and planning to take it again before July 1st. So I plan to be checking out this page regularly. 

• 8.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - CWNA - June 2014

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 10, 2014 03:29 AM

Awesome Mike! Glad to have you. I also had to take the CWNA twice back in 2009 or so. The books and certifications changed my life.

• 9.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - CWNA - June 2014

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 10, 2014 03:30 AM

Practice questions are now avaliable! 

Screen Shot 2014-06-10 at 9.22.33 AM.png

• 10.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - CWNA - June 2014

Posted Jun 11, 2014 12:51 AM

Thanks for the practice test!

• 11.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - CWNA - June 2014

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 18, 2014 12:35 PM

Added 300 embedded flashcards

• 12.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - CWNA - June 2014

Posted Jun 19, 2014 06:46 AM

Awsome thread! I really liked the CWNA content, has helped me alot in my work with wireless networks. Heading for CWDP now, can use abit of this thread to refresh the rules of things ;)

Good job!

• 13.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - CWNA - June 2014

Posted Jul 03, 2014 08:22 PM

Wireless rules!  I can't wait to pass my CWNA test I been trying and now I'm getting hands on experience and plan to have my CWNA and CWSP before the end of the year.  Excited about checking out the new 106 practice exams!

• 14.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - CWNA - June 2014

Posted Apr 10, 2019 02:00 AM

thank you for providing Practise questions.

• 15.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - CWNA - June 2014

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 20, 2014 09:18 PM

Sean,

This is an awesome idea, I originally saw this post but just found your plans for the year, very inspiring. I was so inspired that I went and recertified my CWNA yesterday. OK I had aleady started planning on doing that but I decided to just go for it after doing a few rounds of practice tests on the CWNP site.  Seems like you need more than a few rounds of practice tests these days as there were very few similarities between the questions I saw on the exam and those on the website, but I managed to pull it off.

As far as contributing to this thread and those prepping for the CWNA, I would spend some time going through the latest version of the Sybex study guides (it's on closeout for $29.99, great deal!) and put some time in the practice tests on the CWNP site. As far as giving some direct feedback on what to study for the test, 

Spoiler
    I'm afraid if I try to give any pointers I may break some rules about sharing test questions so I'll leave it at that! :smileyvery-happy:

Looking forward to the ACMP next month! :smileyhappy: 

• 16.  RE: Becoming Mobility Certified - CWNA - June 2014

Posted Jun 21, 2014 12:18 PM

Expect the CWNA-106 book in early September. The two big additions to it are a chapter on 802.11ac and a chapter on BYOD/MDM. The entire book has been completely edited, however since it is the 4th edition, much of the material has remained the same. There definitely were some changes to the 802.11n chapter. As 802.11n has matured, some of what we interpreted and expected from the amendment were different from the reality of the product.

Nice idea Sean. I'll try to help out as time permits.

David