Training, Certification & Career

Chief Airhead

Re: Becoming Mobility Certified - CWNA - June 2014

Added 300 embedded flashcards

Sean Rynearson | Chief Airhead
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
MVP

Awsome thread! I really liked the CWNA content, has helped me alot in my work with wireless networks. Heading for CWDP now, can use abit of this thread to refresh the rules of things ;)

Good job!

Christoffer Jacobsson | Aranya AB
Aruba: ACMX #537 ACCP | CWNP: CWNA CWDP CWSP
Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Sean,

This is an awesome idea, I originally saw this post but just found your plans for the year, very inspiring. I was so inspired that I went and recertified my CWNA yesterday. OK I had aleady started planning on doing that but I decided to just go for it after doing a few rounds of practice tests on the CWNP site.  Seems like you need more than a few rounds of practice tests these days as there were very few similarities between the questions I saw on the exam and those on the website, but I managed to pull it off.

As far as contributing to this thread and those prepping for the CWNA, I would spend some time going through the latest version of the Sybex study guides (it's on closeout for $29.99, great deal!) and put some time in the practice tests on the CWNP site. As far as giving some direct feedback on what to study for the test, 

Spoiler
I'm afraid if I try to give any pointers I may break some rules about sharing test questions so I'll leave it at that! :smileyvery-happy:

Looking forward to the ACMP next month! :smileyhappy: 

Cheers!
Marcus Wehmeyer
New Contributor

Expect the CWNA-106 book in early September. The two big additions to it are a chapter on 802.11ac and a chapter on BYOD/MDM. The entire book has been completely edited, however since it is the 4th edition, much of the material has remained the same. There definitely were some changes to the 802.11n chapter. As 802.11n has matured, some of what we interpreted and expected from the amendment were different from the reality of the product.

Nice idea Sean. I'll try to help out as time permits.

David

Occasional Contributor II

[ Edited ]

Wireless rules!  I can't wait to pass my CWNA test I been trying and now I'm getting hands on experience and plan to have my CWNA and CWSP before the end of the year.  Excited about checking out the new 106 practice exams!