Training, Certification & Career

Contributor II

Re: Getting Mobility Certified

I currently  have my ACMP (which automatically gives me ACMA?), and ACCP.  This year I plan on completing CWNA (testing at end of month), CWACDX, and if I'm crazy enough ACMX.

My issues with the ACDX and ACMX is I don't have a "study guide" like the CWNP exams.

Solutions Engineer
CWNA-CWDP-ACMP-ACCP

Yes you do :)

ACMX
http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/education/SG_ACMX.pdf

ACDX
http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/education/SG_ACDX.pdf
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
Contributor II

Yes, I'm aware of that, but I meant something a bit different.  To pass the ACMP, I did the labs, and read the student guide, etc.  To pass the CWNA, I'm reading the Cybex book for PW0-105. 

To study material for the ACMX / ACDX, feels more disjointed.  I don't have a singular book.  It's not a big deal, it's just not ideal.

Solutions Engineer
CWNA-CWDP-ACMP-ACCP
MVP

it is far from ideal to be able to pass your first time but it is actually better to actually test what people know about the products rather than what they 'memorized' from the books in the weeks before.

Koen (ACMX #351 | ACDX #547 | ACCP)

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Contributor II

No one would argue that.  However, not having practice test, seeing sample questions, etc makes me feel like I'm walking into the test a bit blind.  I know there's the study guide that has the list of topics and recommended reading, but it still feels lacking.  I guess I just want more than what's currently available.  If I was studying for the CCIE wireless for example, I would have a lot more of an idea about what I'm getting into.

Solutions Engineer
CWNA-CWDP-ACMP-ACCP
don
Contributor I

Re: Getting Certified in 2014

I've also been working on an ACMP Self Study Guide using the bulet points from http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/education/SG_ACMP.pdf   

I've been pulling information out of the 6.1 Users Guide, CLI Reference and VRD's to 

for each item and putting into a word doc.  I think it would be a great idea to have something like this available for 

group editing.

I was able to pass the CWNA and CWSP because they have published guides

and practice tests.  You're right, it would be nice for Aruba to catch up to CWNP

and Cisco and put out some study materials so that people won't feel so intimidated 

walking into the tests.

Contributor I

don wrote:

I've also been working on an ACMP Self Study Guide using the bulet points from http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/education/SG_ACMP.pdf   

I've been pulling information out of the 6.1 Users Guide, CLI Reference and VRD's to 

for each item and putting into a word doc.  I think it would be a great idea to have something like this available for 

group editing.

I was able to pass the CWNA and CWSP because they have published guides

and practice tests.  You're right, it would be nice for Aruba to catch up to CWNP

and Cisco and put out some study materials so that people won't feel so intimidated 

walking into the tests.

This year I need to focus on a couple of different vendor Cisco and Aruba being the main ones.  But I need some structure.  The first two I want to acheive are the ACMP and CWSP.  Then ACCP and finish off with CCNP Wireless.  It's a lot to chew on this year, so might only complete two certs.

But I wouldn't mind help writing a study guide, since writing it down helps me remember.  Let me know where I can help.

I've just started looking at 6.3 and it's a beast.

Occasional Contributor II

Rounding out CWAP studies and testing in the next few weeks. Goal is to get ACMP this year, hopefully before June. After June I will be allocating a lengthy study period toward expert level certifications in 2015/early 2016(CCIE, CCDE, ACDX, ACMX). Could others comment on their study methods, material, and topics of focus? Study methods and materials (pretty much the same as don:

- VRDs

- All guides (study, user, installation, command-reference, and MIB)

My biggest obstacles are that I do not have a lab environment (just production which limits me to going through the steps but no actual changes), nor do I have any lab guides.

Attached is a guide that I started to study and fill in.

Frequent Contributor I

Re: Becoming Mobility Certified

Where in New Zealand I can prepare for ACMA?

Super Contributor II

Re: Becoming Mobility Certified

You can not go anywhere to prepare. But we do have the community! http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Training-Certification-Career/Becoming-Mobility-Certified-ACMA-May-2014/td-p/158724

Sean Rynearson
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: