Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

Cert Questions

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Cert Questions

Posted Dec 15, 2011 09:22 AM

I am a Wi-Fi design Engineer.  I would appreciate help with the following questions:

I would like to study for the ACMP cert by practicing in a lab using a 600 series controller, Aruba Docs and the 6.1 Study Guide.  I already have good experience with Aruba controllers.

1. If I then pass the Pearson/VUE exam, without taking any courses, would Aruba Networks grant me the cert?

2. I don't have the ACMA. Do I need to pass this first?

3. Could I take the ACMA online without taking the course?  If so, how?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Cert Questions

Posted Dec 15, 2011 09:31 AM

Hi MortKaye-

Welcome to the forums!

We award the ACMP certification based upon passing the Pearson/VUE exam and not based upon courses attended.  The idea is that if you pass ACMP, then you must have the course equivalent knowledge.  So you can schedule ACMP anytime without attending any of the classes or even having ACMA.

We make ACMA available as a way for you to estimate your readiness for some of the ACMP exam.  ACMA is topically a subset (single controller) of ACMP.  They are not the same questions, but give an idea of what ACMP is like.

I will  PM a link to you for ACMA 6.1.

Kevin

• 3.  RE: Cert Questions

Posted Dec 15, 2011 02:23 PM

Hello Everyone,

Please share the study guide of AOS v5, because soon i'll appear in exam and please mention the last date of v5 availability.

• 4.  RE: Cert Questions

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 15, 2011 03:27 PM

@Ishtiaq Haider wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Please share the study guide of AOS v5, because soon i'll appear in exam and please mention the last date of v5 availability.

Kevin posted it here:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Certification-Mobility/What-certifications-does-Aruba-offer/m-p/19832#M16

• 5.  RE: Cert Questions

Posted Jan 04, 2012 05:15 AM

Hi all!

I did the ACMA exam online, i passed, but i only recieved the following email:

Assessment Results

Full Name: Perez, Juan Carlos

Email Address: xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx

Company Name: telindus

Do you work for an Aruba channel partner?: No

Date Started: 01/02/2012 9:39:22 AM (GMT-05:00) Date Completed: 01/02/2012 10:39:19 AM (GMT-05:00)

Grade/Score: 75%

Instructions: PASS - congratulations!

Retakes Allowed: 9

In my profile in Aruba partner center there is no record about the exam, neither in learning center. Please,Anybody can tell me what happened?

Thanks

• 6.  RE: Cert Questions

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2012 07:14 AM

You should receive an email in a week or two with your certificate and the ACMA logos.

• 7.  RE: Cert Questions

Posted Jan 04, 2012 07:30 AM

ok, thanks.

I will wait for the email. but i dont understand why in my profile in partner center or learning center doesn't appear any information about my certification.

• 8.  RE: Cert Questions

Posted Jan 11, 2012 12:37 PM

Do you have to take the courses for the ACMA exam or is there a site to take the exam online without the coursework?

• 9.  RE: Cert Questions

Posted Jan 12, 2012 03:12 AM

no i didn't do the ACMA course, My enterprise gave me the link to get access to the exam. I did it, and I passed but i'm still waiting for Aruba email with my certification.

• 10.  RE: Cert Questions

Posted Jan 12, 2012 02:50 PM

I will check with the admins and see when you should see this.

Kevin

• 11.  RE: Cert Questions

Posted Jan 13, 2012 02:20 AM

Thank you Kevin!

I will wait for your answer.

• 12.  RE: Cert Questions

Posted Jan 16, 2012 09:40 AM

The team indicated that could be up to three weeks after the exam.  So please be patient a little longer.

Thanks,

Kevin

• 13.  RE: Cert Questions

Posted Jan 16, 2012 10:16 AM

Thanks;

I will wait for the email. now i have in my profile in partner center,my certifications, ACMA certification, pass date, 2-jan-2012. so i think you are right and i will receive the email in the next days.

Thank you very much for your information!

Best Regards! 

• 14.  RE: Cert Questions

Posted Apr 23, 2012 01:58 AM

how u apperead for the ACMA exam? kindly send me the link for the ACMA exam

• 15.  RE: Cert Questions

Posted Mar 08, 2012 09:14 AM

Are there aruba study guides available online or books that can be purchased?

• 16.  RE: Cert Questions

Posted Mar 08, 2012 09:33 AM

I don't think so.

I did acma trainning because my company enrolled me, i have the book for ACMA, but i don't know if you can buy ACMA or ACMP book. now i want to study ACMP but i don't know if a have to do another official trainning or i can do selfstudy.

If anyone knows,please let us know!

thanks

• 17.  RE: Cert Questions

Posted Mar 17, 2012 05:35 AM

can't give the official point of view (for that i would contact aruba themselves via the learning email address) but in principle you could do it via self study. the question is of course if you can gain enough knowledge by just reading user guids and doing self made labs.