Training, Certification & Career

ClearPass Essentials course questions thread

I wanted to start a thread for folks who are watching the ClearPass Essentials elearning videos.  If you have a question about a particular modules or slide please post it here and a member of the team will do our best to answer it.

--
Christopher Leach - CISSP, ACDX, ACMX
Director, Training and Certification
Contributor II

Re: ClearPass Essentials course questions thread

A good amount of the review questions within the modules seem to be wrong. 

Solutions Engineer
CWNA-CWDP-ACMP-ACCP

Thanks for the feedback.  Can you tell us which modules and question numbers are wrong?

Thanks!

--
Contributor II

I'll have to go back and figure out exactly which ones.

Another thing I've noticed, there are sections missing.  Module 17.1 is missing [Video: Web login traffic flow], and [Video: packet walkthrough].  There was something also missing in module 16, but I'll have to go back for that one as well.

Solutions Engineer
CWNA-CWDP-ACMP-ACCP
MVP

Hi Christopher,

Module 1, section 1 has the same quiz that is at the end of Module 1, section 2. The overall design of the class seems to have the questions at the end of each Module, not in the middle of a Module like in Module 1.

Module 6 question 1: I've tried to answer the question in Chrome and in Safari and it will not let me submit the question. There are only two questions on this module, so I'm not able to complete this module.

There were definitely some issues in the questions in the previous modules. I'll be more diligent about updating this thread if I come across additional issues.

Additionally, we will receive a workbook with the online class similar to the workbook that was provided with the Mobility Bootcamp class?

Thanks!

-Mike

Mike,

Thanks so much for the feedback.  I've forwarded it on to our instructional designer.  He may reach out to you to try some different things to try and isolate the problem.

As for a workbook, you will get one when you attend the Lab portion of the course but not one that contains all the lecture materials.  Due to the style and number of animations/demos used when we looked at printing the modules it didn't work very well.  You can watch the modules as often as you want if you want to take notes.

Chris

--
MVP

Christopher,

One more thing. The person who is reading the slides is calling TACACS+ - "TAH-CACKS". I've always heard it called "TACK-AX." I was just wondering if you know which pronunciation is right?

I actually started to laugh the first time I heard the reader - but maybe I've been wrong all along.

Thanks!

-Mike

Interesting.  It's an intialism/acronym and not a word so not sure if there's a true pronunciation.  The developer who did the voiceover grew up in Singapore so it could be a British-English vs American-English difference.

--
MVP

I've gone through some more sections of the class. Here's my notes on potential errors and issues:

Module 8.3 - Demo - did not make any sound. I tried hitting the speaker button in the bottom right-hand corner multiple times, to no avail.

8.3 quiz #2 - Which of the following statements is true?

1. We can have multiple Enforcement Policies tied to a Policy Service.

2. We can send multiple enforcement attributes to the Network Access Device.

3. In case of no match in the Enforcement Policy conditions, a default attribute is sent.

4. The default Enforcement Profile sent is always a Deny Access Profile.

Says it's 3, I think it should be 2 - could be wrong

9.3 - has a totally different template when presented in the browser. You are not able to pause the slides or see the transcript tab, which is unfortunate. 

No quiz at the end of 9.3

-Mike

Mike-

Thanks for the input. We are checking into these items.

Kevin

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: