Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass training

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Clearpass training

Posted Mar 20, 2014 10:51 AM

Hi Guys,

Has someone carried out ClearPass training? I saw in the aruba website that there is three trainings but my question is,  are all of them online or there is an "in situ" training? 

this is the link from aruba:

http://inter.viewcentral.com/events/cust/cust_tracks.aspx?company_login_id=aruba&pid=1&track_id=6

• 2.  RE: Clearpass training
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 21, 2014 05:32 PM

There are actually 2 trainings broken into 3 parts :)

ClearPass Essentials consists of ~12 hours of self-paced elearning video modules (English only so far) and a Virtual Instructor-Led lab. Cost for both is $2,100.  The lab is listed as a separate session at $0 cost but you have to have to have viewd all the elearning modules before you can register.  We run them regularly in US, EMEA, and APJ time zones.  This course prepares you for the ACCP exam (exam voucher included in lab books).

Then there is the Advanced Lab.  This is a full design and deployment simulation done over 5 days in-person instructor-led. We run these in various regions - reach out to your local Aruba folks if you want it in your area.  ACCP or ClearPass Essentials are required before you can register.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass training

Posted Mar 26, 2014 10:02 AM

I am just now finishing up the Online Video Instruction. One point that I Didn't know beforehand is that there are times listed for each module, but they sometimes are not accurate. If there is a Video Demo included in the module, the time for the Video Demo is not always included and sometimes adds an extra 20-30 minutes. So if you are like me and are trying to setup a time schedule of when you can finish the training, be aware there are a few modules with added time. 

• 4.  RE: Clearpass training

Posted Mar 27, 2014 10:30 AM

Thanks so much for the info! :)

• 5.  RE: Clearpass training

Posted Mar 28, 2014 04:22 PM

@ereader22 wrote:

I am just now finishing up the Online Video Instruction. One point that I Didn't know beforehand is that there are times listed for each module, but they sometimes are not accurate. If there is a Video Demo included in the module, the time for the Video Demo is not always included and sometimes adds an extra 20-30 minutes. So if you are like me and are trying to setup a time schedule of when you can finish the training, be aware there are a few modules with added time. 

Thanks for this feedback - I'll ask our instructional designer to take a look and see if we can improve tha accuracy.

• 6.  RE: Clearpass training

Posted Mar 27, 2014 05:23 PM

Hi,

I did the clear pass class at the airheads conference Las Vegas and was given a voucher. The funny thing is that the class I took is for clearpass fundamentals and when I try to register for an exam I only see clearpass professional!!

Anyone can tell me the clearpass training that I took in LV for what exam??

Thanks in advance,

Fahad.

• 7.  RE: Clearpass training

Posted Mar 27, 2014 05:28 PM

There is only one certificate available for ClearPass (ACCP) or Aruba Certified ClearPass Professional. 

The class you took was probably similar to essentials, which in theory is enough for you to take the exam. However, I would study up and make sure I practiced before I went in to it. (I don't actually know what they covered in the training at Airheads)

• 8.  RE: Clearpass training

Posted Mar 28, 2014 04:19 PM

@Fahad wrote:

Hi,

I did the clear pass class at the airheads conference Las Vegas and was given a voucher. The funny thing is that the class I took is for clearpass fundamentals and when I try to register for an exam I only see clearpass professional!!

Anyone can tell me the clearpass training that I took in LV for what exam??

Thanks in advance,

Fahad.

The Fundamentals class at Airheads prepares you for the ACCA exam.  It should be posted in the next few weeks.