Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

Just Passed (ACSW) Aruba Certified Switching Associate (HPE6-A41)

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Just Passed (ACSW) Aruba Certified Switching Associate (HPE6-A41)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 23, 2018 02:06 PM

I just passed the Aruba Certified Switching Associate. It was the first networking certification exam I have ever taken that was't mostly wireless. I recommend every WLAN Engineer learn a little about routing/switching.. and spanning tree operations/issues lol 

I started my career straight into the wireless Aruba and CWNP certifications.. It was great but I always felt lacking in the route/switch department. 

Spanning tree issue questions almost got me in trouble lol... shhhhhew.

Let me know if any of you guys are interested in taking this exam. I can share with you what to study and how to study for this exam. 

• 2.  RE: Just Passed (ACSW) Aruba Certified Switching Associate (HPE6-A41)

Posted Jan 24, 2018 07:54 AM

Sean,

I am booked on the ASF course and plan to take the exam shortly after as we require this for continued partner status, I would appreciate any study tips you have.

Thanks,

Matt

• 3.  RE: Just Passed (ACSW) Aruba Certified Switching Associate (HPE6-A41)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 24, 2018 11:28 AM

Certainly. I made a checklist for each chapter. 

• Take screenshots of slides you do not understand and look them up until you understand them
    • Read Chapter 
    • Make at least 20 notecards
    • Read User Guide on the same topic
    • Do the Labs
    • Make a few recordings of you explaining a topic or showing configuration steps
    • White a chapter review. What it was about and what you learned. 

• 4.  RE: Just Passed (ACSW) Aruba Certified Switching Associate (HPE6-A41)

Posted May 06, 2019 11:38 PM

Dear RYNO,

Congratulations to you, please share me how to pass HPE6-A41.

I'm preparing to take this exam, my email : minhchuong.vo@gmail.com

Thank you so much,

• 5.  RE: Just Passed (ACSW) Aruba Certified Switching Associate (HPE6-A41)

Posted Jul 11, 2018 02:36 PM

Hi Matt,

Would really appreciate if you share the tips and documents to pass this exam !!

• 6.  RE: Just Passed (ACSW) Aruba Certified Switching Associate (HPE6-A41)

Posted Jul 11, 2018 09:44 PM

Same here, just took the exam and failed, any study material guide or dummies that can share please....

• 7.  RE: Just Passed (ACSW) Aruba Certified Switching Associate (HPE6-A41)

Posted Jan 24, 2018 03:14 PM

congrats i need some help for this exam HPE6-A41 please let me know how to pass the exam 

@Srynearson wrote:

I just passed the Aruba Certified Switching Associate. It was the first networking certification exam I have ever taken that was't mostly wireless. I recommend every WLAN Engineer learn a little about routing/switching.. and spanning tree operations/issues lol 

I started my career straight into the wireless Aruba and CWNP certifications.. It was great but I always felt lacking in the route/switch department. 

Let me know if any of you guys are interested in taking this exam. I can share with you what to study and how to study for this exam. 

• 8.  RE: Just Passed (ACSW) Aruba Certified Switching Associate (HPE6-A41)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 24, 2018 04:38 PM

mriaz@vicomnet.com Above are the things I did. Are you able to take the class or the self paced training?

• 9.  RE: Just Passed (ACSW) Aruba Certified Switching Associate (HPE6-A41)

Posted Jan 25, 2018 09:32 AM

thanks yes i take the class but where i find self paced training

• 10.  RE: Just Passed (ACSW) Aruba Certified Switching Associate (HPE6-A41)

Posted Feb 14, 2018 02:17 AM

Hello,

Could you please let me know if official study guide is enough to pass the exam?

• 11.  RE: Just Passed (ACSW) Aruba Certified Switching Associate (HPE6-A41)

Posted Feb 14, 2018 05:55 AM

That is more than enough. If you have 1-2 years of working experience with Aruba switches, you can attempt the exam straighaway. It is an easy exam.

• 12.  RE: Just Passed (ACSW) Aruba Certified Switching Associate (HPE6-A41)

Posted Feb 15, 2018 04:18 AM

What version of code are the Associate/Professional switching exams based on?

• 13.  RE: Just Passed (ACSW) Aruba Certified Switching Associate (HPE6-A41)

Posted Mar 22, 2018 05:36 AM

Hi,

Thank you for the info,

Could you please share the information on umairanjam@gmail.com

@Srynearsonwrote:

• 14.  RE: Just Passed (ACSW) Aruba Certified Switching Associate (HPE6-A41)

Posted Nov 13, 2019 01:15 AM

Is there anyway to get LABS for this ACSW HPE6-A41 Exam 

I hahe couple of switches with me - HPE 2620  only. 

any virtual enviorment -if somebody knows ? I am reading  the book atm . 

Thanks 

• 15.  RE: Just Passed (ACSW) Aruba Certified Switching Associate (HPE6-A41)

Posted Apr 04, 2018 03:38 PM

Hi, I ll take the exam next week after the course, pls can u share any info, docs or tip on howardclavijog1@gmail.com that help me to improve my study. Thank u so mauch! and congrats!

• 16.  RE: Just Passed (ACSW) Aruba Certified Switching Associate (HPE6-A41)

Posted May 13, 2018 11:54 PM

Hi Sean,

I was required to complete this exam before July this year, may i know if you have any reliable study material that you can share to me please via my email kelvin.chow@tisgroup.com.my

• 17.  RE: Just Passed (ACSW) Aruba Certified Switching Associate (HPE6-A41)

Posted Jul 11, 2018 08:33 PM
    What i’m curious about is, did getting the ACSA cert renew your ACMA (which i assume you have?) just like Cisco does? I just got ACMA and am wondering the best way to renew it, or ACMP once i get that one. I’m hoping it can be renewed like cisco certs can be.

• 18.  RE: Just Passed (ACSW) Aruba Certified Switching Associate (HPE6-A41)

Posted Jul 11, 2018 10:44 PM

Hi Nathan,

Can you help with any kind of solid documentation from which i can study, will really appreciate the positive response ?! As i am facing trouble clearing the exam and have given already couple of times

• 19.  RE: Just Passed (ACSW) Aruba Certified Switching Associate (HPE6-A41)

Posted Jul 12, 2018 09:53 AM

K_Arth

From what I've seen (i took the test twice), the Study Guide from HPE Press covers everything you need to know.

https://hpepress.hpe.com/product/Aruba+Certified+Mobility+Associate+Official+Certification+Study+Guide+HPE6-A42-Hardcover-18245

All the questions I saw on the test were from information that was in the book, so there doesn't seem to be any other books or materials that you need to study. I used the book and purchased the self-directed lab to get practice with the full configuration of the network.  I also have my own controller and APs at home, so I had a little more familiarity with AOS 8 too. 

I would recommend just learning the study guide from front to back and you should be pretty good.  

• 20.  RE: Just Passed (ACSW) Aruba Certified Switching Associate (HPE6-A41)

Posted Nov 13, 2018 11:12 PM

Hi,

What study guide/book you used to prepare for the certification?

I am planning to take the ACSA certification, but I couldn't find any book? Can you please help me with this? My email is amalalexander07@gmail.com

Thanks,

Amal

• 21.  RE: Just Passed (ACSW) Aruba Certified Switching Associate (HPE6-A41)

Posted Mar 25, 2019 11:31 PM

Hi Sean,

What study guide/book you used to prepare for the certification? I am planning to take the ACSA certification in this April. Can you please help me with this? My email is yudhi.switching@gmail.com

Thanks,

• 22.  RE: Just Passed (ACSW) Aruba Certified Switching Associate (HPE6-A41)

Posted Jul 29, 2019 05:23 PM
    Hello Ryno, I am starting in the Aruba command and I want to present the ACMA exam that is the initial one, you said that you have material to study and how I study, could you help me? My email is galabr@hotmail.com