04-18-2012 05:21 PM
Aruba Networks is one of the hottest networking companies in Silicon Valley. We have grown more than 40% year-over-year. We continue to gain market share in the WiFispace (at the expense of a large competitor on Tasman Drive). We have over 1000 employees but our culture remains the same, to be the BIGGEST small company around. Our small company culture empowers our employees to work on exciting, state of the art technology and allows them to be a part of a cool, growing company. Our CEO Dominic Orr says “people work for impact, they want to have fun, and they want to get rewarded” and that is exactly what Aruba represents. Aruba is currently used by more than 10,000 organizations world-wide including many Fortune 500 companies and spanning education, government, healthcare,technology and retail markets.
As an L3 Software Engineer you will:
- Work closely with development team on design and development of Aruba's next generation converge wireless, wireline platforms.
- Work on networking protocols with expertise in C/C++
- Implementand maintain features/functionality for Aruba products.
- Document software design with functionalspecifications and design documents
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
BS in EE or CS with 10+ years of Software development experience. MS or PhD is a plus.
- Experience in developing L3 protocols for campus or service provider market.
- Strong understanding of L3 protocols like BGP,OSPF, OSPFv3, VRRP etc.
- Experience in IPv6 is strong plus.
- Understanding of L2 protocols like MSTP etc is desirable.
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++ and linux development environment
- Exposure of IETF and other standards bodies is desirable.
- Good debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Prior experience of system software for switches and routers is a plus
Send resumes to Tracy Hawkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.