Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: yesterday 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

License Count

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  License Count

Posted Apr 18, 2017 02:37 PM

Dear Gents,

I have a question, let suppose i have 51 CAPs, 25 AMs, 25 SMs. How much total licenses i will need in this case. I think i will need a total of 101 LIC-AP, 76 LIC-PEFng and 25 SMs. Please need support in this regard.

• 2.  RE: License Count

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 18, 2017 03:22 PM

Hi Ullah,

you will need 101 x LIC-AP, 101xPEFNG and 101xRFProtect as the number of active APs are restricted to the minimum of the AP/PEFNG and RFprotect license count.

• 3.  RE: License Count

Posted Apr 18, 2017 03:28 PM

Thanks Brother for quick response. I didn't understand if i operate 25 SMs then why i need all the three licenses 101x.

• 4.  RE: License Count

Posted Apr 18, 2017 03:35 PM

I didn't understand the logic behind this. Let suppose somewhere i need just 2 Spectrum Moniters then why i should go to purchase more RFProtect. (why should i purchase RFProtect equals to AP-LIC and LIC-PEFng).

• 5.  RE: License Count
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Apr 19, 2017 02:59 AM

Hey, all licenses must be of equal limits. The AP's function is not taken into account. You have to make AP license + PEF license + RFP license the same amount. If the licenses aren't at the same number, the controller is limited to the smaller of the 3 numbers.

If you have the following below for example, a controller would be licensed to 8 AP's only.

16x AP

16x PEF

8x RF Protect

• 6.  RE: License Count

Posted Apr 19, 2017 04:06 AM

Thanks every one for support.