Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

Pre ACMP exam questions

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Pre ACMP exam questions

Posted Apr 27, 2013 04:39 AM

Just completed the bootcamp and want to sit exam within fortnight, and just wondered if I need to do any additional reading to compliment the course manuals, or should these cover all exam content?

Ive sat some courses before which dont always fully prepare you for the exam...

I suppose the more you know, the better, but I dont want to spend hours/days reading additional materials if I dont need to  -  theres enogh to learn as it is!

• 2.  RE: Pre ACMP exam questions

Posted Apr 28, 2013 12:13 AM

read the VRDs http://www.arubanetworks.com/technology/reference-design-guides/

I know thats a lot of reading but well its good reading...

Wireless is a big world and there is a way too much to learn... i still feel i dont know too much of it myselft  :)

• 3.  RE: Pre ACMP exam questions

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 29, 2013 03:40 AM

I think the training does cover the exam quite well for ACMP. In addition to attending the bootcamp, real-world experience will help you in passing the exam.

In addition to the VRD's that give in depth information, I would definitely study the course guides and have a thorough look at the ACMP study guide that is available on the Aruba Networks website: http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/training-top/certification

These study guides list the topics and show you (quite representative) the kind of knowledge that will be asked on the real test.

Don't forget to at least view the ACMA Study Guide if you intend to do the ACMP exam without doing the ACMA first. ACMA covers the first book from the bootcamp. Doing the ACMA exam first will give you a stepped approach to the ACMP certification, but that step is optional to my knowledge.

Reading VRDs may compensate for lack of real-world experience

Success in passing your exam..

• 4.  RE: Pre ACMP exam questions

Posted Apr 29, 2013 03:46 AM

Found some handy vrd's over the weeked which look olike they should fill in some gaps and expand on the course manuals...  Chhers for the tips, and ill report back after my exam!

• 5.  RE: Pre ACMP exam questions

Posted May 17, 2013 05:26 PM

Where can I find the ACMA study Guide?

• 6.  RE: Pre ACMP exam questions

Posted May 17, 2013 05:31 PM

I actually found them, they are not much of a Study Guide but I guess anything helps.

• 7.  RE: Pre ACMP exam questions

MVP
    Posted Jul 03, 2013 09:37 AM

If you are still studying for the ACMA, the Mobility Bootcamp book covers all topics on the ACMA and follows the ACMA study guide outline section by section. The ACMA is based on setup wizards and product knowledge, as well as networking fundamentals. There are some Aruba Specific questions including ARM and communication between controllers and APs.