04-18-2012 05:35 PM
Aruba Networks is one of the hottest networking companies in Silicon Valley. We have grown more than 40% year-over-year. We continue to gain market share in the WiFispace (at the expense of a large competitor on Tasman Drive). We have over 1000 employees but our culture remains the same, to be the BIGGEST small company around. Our small company culture empowers our employees to work on exciting, state of the art technology and allows them to be a part of a cool, growing company. Our CEO Dominic Orr says “people work for impact, they want to have fun, and they want to get rewarded” and that is exactly what Aruba represents. Aruba is currently used by more than 10,000 organizations world-wide including many Fortune 500 companies and spanning education, government, healthcare, technology and retail markets.
We are seeking a Senior Principal Network Engineer who wants to be a part of a fast-paced and challenging start-up environment. Our ideal candidate will provide escalation-level support for the deployment and maintenance of Aruba
products. This position reports into the customer advocacy organization and requires a person with in-depth understanding of complex enterprise network deployment models and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Providing technical pre and post support to sales, partners and customers for various technologies as related to Aruba products.
- Formulate technical action plans for analyzing and resolving problems related to the Aruba deployment
- Generate documentation in the form of case notes, tech tips and best practices
- Work on complex problems requiring in-depth fault analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Simulate problems in lab
- Participate in solutions for knowledge base
- Provide technical training cross-training to relevant groups as needed
- Participate in serviceability enhancement requirements
- Work effectively in a team environment, including with colleagues, QA and development engineers, and the Aruba field organization
- Periodically required to travel to customer sites for troubleshooting or training purposes.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years support experience for network infrastructure products and expertise with advanced TCP/IP networking
- Specific experience supporting and troubleshooting firewall/security, IP routing, DNS, DHCP, NAT, VPN, Authentication protocols (including RADIUS and LDAP), and Network Management Systems (EMS/NMS)
- Solid experience with packet tracing/sniffing
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences ranging from individual contributors to executive-level contacts
- BSCS/EE or equivalent required (CCIE is a strong plus)
- Familiar with Web and script programming is recommended.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in Japanese and English.
- Excellent work ethic, dependable, and responsible
- Must be a flexible self-starter who can ramp up with new technologies quickly and can adapt to a growing and evolving team:
- Strong self-motivation (this is a startup, not just a job!)
- Imaginative, motivated, and able to work effectively under pressure
- Strong logical and creative problem-solving skills, good oral and written communication skills, and excellent analytical skills
- Must be able to succeed with minimal resources and minimal supervision
Send resumes to Tracy Hawkins at email@example.com