Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

Posted Dec 20, 2011 01:43 PM

Okay i got a few questions here  as im reading the Exam topics for the exam. and that can actually help all of us taking this exam.

Here are the questions:

1-When they are asking you to know  Power supplies offered for varius model they are referring i should know the max power consumtion?

2-On power over ethernet support

I know the small models for example 650 got 4 ports PoE 651 also got 4 ports PoE and well the 3200 has no PoE ports(this is what it says the matrix

Now im confused in the chassis it says it support PoE but the Chassis itselft need cards to do something the chassis itself does nothing, but in the matrix it says to ALL the CARds for example the M3 one it says PoE support N/A so im confused here... anyone can help me to understand this?  i have never installed this chassis controller i the biggest one i have installed its the 3400...

3-AP Indoor and outdoor models: 

All the APs are indoor, the only one that is outdoor its the AP 175P right?

Thos are the questions regarding this section  hoping someone can help me :)

Cheers

• 2.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 20, 2011 01:45 PM

Are you taking ACMP 5.0 or ACMP 6.1?

• 3.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

Posted Dec 20, 2011 01:49 PM

ACMP 5

The Aruba employee that gave me the voucher told me to take that exam.

• 4.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 20, 2011 01:55 PM

The ACMP 5.0 exam also covers the older hardware, such as the 2400, SC1, SC2, and the line card (which has PoE).

There are two different power supplies for the 5000/6000 chassis. I believe that is what they are referring to.

The AP-175 is not covered in this exam, as the AP-175 came out this year. So, you will need to look at all the older APs. For outdoor, it is the AP-85 and its variations. You will also need to know about the AP-60/61, AP-65, AP-70, etc. I do not recall if the AP-105 is covered, but the AP-125 definitely is.

Hope this helps.

• 5.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

Posted Dec 20, 2011 02:00 PM

this will be hard..

The product matrix they got in the aruba homepage are the one with the NEW APs.... not with the old APs... Anyone has the product matrix that covers this old APs?

• 6.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 20, 2011 02:05 PM

Can't help you with that one, though for the controller side of things, see: http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/matrix-mobility-controller.pdf

Scroll down to AOS 5.0

• 7.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 20, 2011 02:08 PM

• 8.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

Posted Dec 20, 2011 02:11 PM

Thank you! im adding it to my excel summary of all this :) thank you!  i mean this legacy APs information

• 9.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

Posted Dec 20, 2011 02:08 PM

The other thing Zjennings

The Product matrix im reading right now it says like this

Aruba Chassis 6000 PoE YES

Suppervisor CARDS SC-48-C1 PoE N/A

And it says that for ALL  the other suppervisor cards

Now  you said

"2400, SC1, SC2 and the line card (which has PoE)"

The 2400 got  POE  but the SC1 and the SC2 if you mean like the suppervisor cards then well the matrix says N/A

Can you clarify me this part please?

• 10.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 20, 2011 02:11 PM

@NightShade1 wrote:

The other thing Zjennings

The Product matrix im reading right now it says like this

Aruba Chassis 6000 PoE YES

Suppervisor CARDS SC-48-C1 PoE N/A

And it says that for ALL  the other suppervisor cards

Now  you said

"2400, SC1, SC2 and the line card (which has PoE)"

The 2400 got  POE  but the SC1 and the SC2 if you mean like the suppervisor cards then well the matrix says N/A

Can you clarify me this part please?

I just meant that you need to know about that hardware. Yes, the line card is the only thing that will give you PoE on a 5000/6000 chassis. I believe the 800 has PoE as well as the 2400. You will need to know about the 800 and 200 controller as well.

• 11.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

Posted Dec 20, 2011 02:31 PM

YEah i know that i need to know about those controllers i already got them on my excel.

Okay let me see if i understand you

In the 6000 Series in the chassise you got 4 bays in which you can add stuff in it...

you can for example add 4 M3 suppervisor cards but if you do that then you got no poe...

But if for example you add 3 M3 suppervisor cards and one SPOE Line Card (LC-2G24FP) then you will have a support up to 1536 APS but you will also have a card that support POE in which you can plug APS directly to it

but its impossible to have 4 M3 cards in one chassis and having POE as there is no room for the SPOE line card

Iam rigth?

Sorry but i have never seem a Chassis just in picture and what i can see on aruba homepage =(

• 12.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

Posted Dec 20, 2011 02:36 PM

You are correct.  The only way to have POE on a 5000/6000 chassis is through a line card.  The older SUP cards (SC-1 and SC-2) require a line card as they do not have any interfaces (well, aside from serial console and mgmt).  The M3 has data ports so line cards are not required (unless you need POE).

• 13.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 20, 2011 02:40 PM

Additionally the "S" in SPOE is for Serial Over Ethernet. These ports on the line card are only 10/100 PoE with Serial over Ethernet (how you consoled into older APs). Once the move was made to gigabit, you can no longer do Serial over Ethernet. The 800 and 2400 also do SPoE.

• 14.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

Posted Dec 20, 2011 02:52 PM

Thanks everyone!

Ill have more questions comming maybe from the other topics  but thats for now.. today im just taking notes of this topic :)

• 15.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

Posted Dec 20, 2011 03:46 PM

I got two more other questions

I find this weird

The only AP that does not support POE its the AP85? cant find anything about it on the data sheet... All the other APS support POE

It says on the matrix

SC-48-C1 support 48 campus aps, and 48 remote aps

SC-128-C1 suppòrt 128 campus aps and 128 remote aps

SC-256-C2 support 128 campus aps and 128 remote aps?  

Is this correct fo the SC-256-C2 or its a mistake they did on the matrix? anyone knows? someone can confirms this?

I have been trying to look on aruba site but im unable to find something about this for this supervisor cards besides the information in the matrix.

• 16.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 20, 2011 04:00 PM

@NightShade1 wrote:

I got two more other questions

I find this weird

The only AP that does not support POE its the AP85? cant find anything about it on the data sheet... All the other APS support POE

It says on the matrix

SC-48-C1 support 48 campus aps, and 48 remote aps

SC-128-C1 suppòrt 128 campus aps and 128 remote aps

SC-256-C2 support 128 campus aps and 128 remote aps?  

Is this correct fo the SC-256-C2 or its a mistake they did on the matrix? anyone knows? someone can confirms this?

I have been trying to look on aruba site but im unable to find something about this for this supervisor cards besides the information in the matrix.

Definitely a mistake about the SC-256-C2, known as the Sup2. I had two, and they do support 256 campus AP.

The AP-85TX does support PoE. Spec sheet here: http://www.mayflex.com/_assets/downloads/DS_AP85TX.pdf

However, the AP-85FX and AP-85LX (both with fiber instead of copper) do not support PoE since they do not connect via copper ethernet: http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/DS_AP85FXLX.pdf

• 17.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

Posted Dec 20, 2011 04:15 PM

heh this are the kind of question they will put so we dont get a 100% :)  (the AP85LX TX FX)

About the matrix you confirmed me the campus APS about the remote APS the numbers are correct?  

• 18.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 20, 2011 04:24 PM

Well, I can't say for sure, since I never ran 5.x on my Sup2. It is interesting how the doc contradicts itself. It says that for 5.x code the Sup2 only supports 128/128. But it does say for the 3.4 code it supports 256/256.

I'm going to have to defer to someone who has put 5.x code on a Sup2.

• 19.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

Posted Dec 20, 2011 04:26 PM

Haha thanks anyways... i hope i dont get questions regarding that in the exam haha...  or lets hope somenoe can asnwer that question :)

• 20.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

Posted Dec 20, 2011 04:36 PM

The Sup II will support 256 APs prior to 5.x.  After 5.x, the count dropped to 128.  This is due to some of the features that were introduced with 5.x and the impact on the controller resources.  The other controller models did not change the number of APs supported.

• 21.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

Posted Dec 20, 2011 04:39 PM

Olino Thank you very much for your answer!

• 22.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

Posted Dec 20, 2011 09:17 PM

One quick way of remembering the legacy equipment , ie the non support 6,x and above regarding POE is that the 200 only has a WAN and LAN port. Additionally regarding the external access points we also had the AP80 along with the AP85 which was mentioned in a previuos posting.

Best of luck.

george

• 23.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

Posted Dec 21, 2011 12:35 AM

thank you very much George ill remenber that :)

• 24.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

Posted Jan 27, 2012 04:48 PM

Today i passed my ACMP Exam

Thanks for everyone that asnwer my questions they were really helpful

Cheers

• 25.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 27, 2012 10:29 PM

Congratulations!

• 26.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

Posted Feb 02, 2012 04:57 AM

indeed, grats NightShade1

what about 6.x btw, are these line cards still supported or is it just the M3 controller modules now?

• 27.  RE: Product Knowlegde ACMP Exam

Posted Feb 02, 2012 06:21 PM

I would also recommend going through the Aruba S3500 Mobility switch training available for free at 

http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/training-top/training/