Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

Software to help study/test

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Software to help study/test

Posted Aug 31, 2012 07:29 AM

Is there any software to that of Cisco's PacketTracer to help study/practice without having using a live network? I know there is VisualRF Plan but that is only to help with planning. I mean where you can put different devices (controllers, AP's, RAP's,...) and practice configuring them. Because with PacketTracer you can add a switch then go into the command line and configure it as if you were consoled into it. Is there anything currently that can help with Aruba?

• 2.  RE: Software to help study/test

Posted Aug 31, 2012 11:04 AM

If your company is an authorized partner you can ask for vouchers for free trainning

http://www.arubanetworks.com/aruba-partners/channel-partners/program-details/

CHeck out the details in there.

Hope that helps cheers

Carlos

• 3.  RE: Software to help study/test
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 31, 2012 12:40 PM

Simulators are something that we would like to have but there's nothing like that at this time.  We're also considering allowing folks to rent equipment through our remote labs but have a lot of work to do on the front end to make that feasible.  No hard plans as of now.

• 4.  RE: Software to help study/test

Posted Jan 28, 2013 11:32 AM

-- sorry i misunderstood the first post --
    i wrote about exam test simulators

• 5.  RE: Software to help study/test

Posted Feb 09, 2013 01:50 PM

@cleach wrote:

Simulators are something that we would like to have but there's nothing like that at this time.  We're also considering allowing folks to rent equipment through our remote labs but have a lot of work to do on the front end to make that feasible.  No hard plans as of now.

The ability to rent equipment would be great!  I recently went through the ClearPass Bootcamp and all the labs were remote.  There were a few hiccups, but it all worked pretty good.  I would think the same setup could be used for those wanting to rent equipment.

• 6.  RE: Software to help study/test

MVP
    Posted Feb 27, 2013 02:31 PM

What does the demo kit in that list entail? I'm now wondering if I need to go pester some Aruba folk :P