Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

Validity current certifications?

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Validity current certifications?

MVP
    Posted Jun 20, 2018 07:44 AM

Been navigating that mess of a HPE learner site (mylearninghpe.com and onwards from there) for over half an hour now without results.

I am trying to figure out if my ACMX (and/or ACDX) is still current or not and wether I need to renew my ACCP before I can register for an ACCX exam.

I can download badges and stuff, and inactive is only displayed with an old ACMP certification. Does that mean my ACMX is still valid?

PS: "The following labels are not available here: ACCX"

If you want to force Labels onto people, you might want to add ACCX as a label?

• 2.  RE: Validity current certifications?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 21, 2018 05:31 AM

Koen,

In general, you should find the expiration dates on the certificate that you received when you got the certification.

If you lost those, or want to double-check, you can contact Aruba Training via email: arubatraining@hpe.com

The exam pre-requisites are stated on the pages in HPE Certification pages. And yes, for ACCX you will need a valid ACCP certification and for ACMX or ACDX you will need a valid ACMP certification. I found that out myself when I registered for ACCX and got a message that my ACCP was expired, so I had to do the ACCP before the exam. It is strictly enforced.

Also, if you ACMX expires, you should renew with the HPE6-A40 (at moment of writing, described as Prerequisite Path 2 - upgrade from previous versions of Mobility Expert.

For the ACCX or ACDX this renewal exam doesn't exist and officially the full exam has to be re-taken, however, because there is no such an exam, these certifications don't expire till there is such an exam. I think this is not so much clearly stated on these pages, but it's the message I received when I asked on the 3-year anniversary of my own ACDX. 

Please check with the training department directly if there is anything unclear.

• 3.  RE: Validity current certifications?

MVP
    Posted Jun 21, 2018 05:57 AM

Hey Herman, 

Thank you for the info. Strange that the expiration date isn't easily researchable anywhere.

Back in the day of my ACMX is was the same explanation as now with ACDX and ACCX then.

Still does it expire immediately, after a certain time or does the 3 year validity start (I wish) when the re-cert exam came out I have no idea.

As if I even know when the re-cert exam came out at all.

I guess I'll go bother the arubatraining folks to find out for sure.

• 4.  RE: Validity current certifications?

Posted Jul 24, 2018 10:37 AM
    Hi guys,

About the ACDP certification, is it still available? The Aruba Technical Certifications datasheet says "The PearsonVue exam will be available by May 15th, 2018.", but the HPE Certification page still offers it.

Regards,
    Julián

• 5.  RE: Validity current certifications?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2018 07:30 AM

As far as I know, the ACDP (Design Professional) is a brand new certification. Unsure if this will replace the ACMP (much more hands-on) as a prerequisite for the ACDX (Design Expert), but that would make sense. At the moment ACDX still requires ACMP.