Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

Where can I find spectrum analyzer examples so I can learn how to differentiate wireless signals?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Where can I find spectrum analyzer examples so I can learn how to differentiate wireless signals?

Posted Feb 15, 2014 12:23 PM

I am trying to learn the differences on recognizing microwave frequencies, wireless cameras, Bluetooth devices and other devices to help me be more prepared for my CWNA certification exam.

• 2.  RE: Where can I find spectrum analyzer examples so I can learn how to differentiate wireless signals?

Posted Feb 15, 2014 12:33 PM
      |   view attached

Do you have the CWAP book? , the book brings a CD with some spectrum analysis samples from different devices.

In this website you can get the samples from Chapter 11:

http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0470769033,miniSiteCd-SYBEX.html

And this particular site they show some of the samples as well:

http://www.metageek.net/blog/2011/04/cwap-official-study-guide-spectrum-analysis-supplement/

Attachment(s)

zip
    Ch11Figs.zip   4.89 MB 1 version

• 3.  RE: Where can I find spectrum analyzer examples so I can learn how to differentiate wireless signals?

Posted Feb 15, 2014 05:05 PM

Thank you Fabian that is helpful I am willing to take all types of suggestions to guide me in the right direction which will help me pass my CWNA exam.  I will pick up the CWAP book to add to my collection.  I have also downloaded the CWAP CD from the CWNP website.

• 4.  RE: Where can I find spectrum analyzer examples so I can learn how to differentiate wireless signals?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 15, 2014 05:38 PM
    Good luck .

The cwna book does a good job getting you ready for the exam , the cwap is cwna but on steroids since it goes into every detail of the 802.11 different processes

• 5.  RE: Where can I find spectrum analyzer examples so I can learn how to differentiate wireless signals?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 16, 2014 05:24 AM

Both Chanalyzer 3 and 4 can be opened up without the Wi-Spy USB dongle. The application allows you to open some example captures and also one of the tabs give you a range of screen shots of specific devices - if all you need is some examples this is your best option - I'm pretty sure you can download the software freely.

• 6.  RE: Where can I find spectrum analyzer examples so I can learn how to differentiate wireless signals?

Posted Feb 16, 2014 10:49 PM

Thank you Matt for posting this good tip I will definitely have to check Chanalzyer out and the free examples.

Brian thanks for your motivation and recommendatons!  I appreciate all help and welcome any examples that anyone can direct me to so I can become familiar with recognizing all wireless device signals.