Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Wired Access

Posted Dec 04, 2013 02:52 PM

Hi All;

Anyone can explain me with details and examples the follow concepts:

- Wired Access Concentrator

- Wired Concentrator Server

Best Regards

Valter Junior

• 2.  RE: Wired Access

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 04, 2013 03:50 PM

I believe these are old terms and no longer applicable.  However, just to be sure, is there a use case you are looking at solving?

• 3.  RE: Wired Access

Posted Dec 04, 2013 05:00 PM

Hi Seth. Thanks for your answer.

These configurations are available in the module 14 in SDWI 6.1 course. And I need to explain these settings in the class. 

In the book doesn't have information about this. The same happens in User Guide.

Could you help me? 

Best Regards.

Valter Junior

• 4.  RE: Wired Access

Posted Jan 07, 2014 09:59 AM

Anyone can help me with this question?

Best Regards

Valter Junior

• 5.  RE: Wired Access
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 17, 2014 03:25 PM
    This relates to the old "E" series controllers and AP's. They were offered at a low cost because they do what tunneled node on the MAS does today. Mostly a MUX solution. An e series controller ran Aruba OS (or the AP 70E) but they didn't terminate AP's (or the 70E had no radio in it) what they did was build a GRE back to the controller for wired devices. The wired devices would authenticate but not see each other as they would in a HUB or L2 switch. They were on a MUX- . The entire switch cost you (1)AP and (1) PEF license.
    You would log into the AoS on the E series controller and point it back to the wired access concentrator (the loop back address of where you wanted the GRE to go) . That Controller where GRE terminates was the Wired Access concentration server (check box enabled).
    The segment between the MUX and controller was inaccessible to wired devices, and you were using the auth and firewall for wired users- see the secure jack section of controller Bootcamp presentation. These are legacy and have been replaced with tunneled node in the MAS switch and secure Jack off current AP's. E series devices are end of sale/support years ago (believe this came from version 3.x and before Aruba OS).

Hope that explains it -