Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

Wireless design

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Wireless design

Posted Jan 17, 2014 11:12 AM

My job has basically involved into wireless design. I'm basically self taught but looking to become certified in this area so I'm wondering what the best course outline I should take. Any guidance would be helpful... thanks

• 2.  RE: Wireless design

Posted Jan 17, 2014 12:37 PM

In the UK, a few training companies offer the Aruba bootcamp. I imagine this is available in other countries? This is a good option if you want to certify on something Aruba-specific, that also offers a good view of wireless best practices generally speaking.

If you want something totally non-vendor affiliated, Google for CWNP. This is fairly well regarded in the wider world.

• 3.  RE: Wireless design

Posted Jan 18, 2014 09:53 AM

If you want a good solid understanding of the foundations of wireless, the CWNP is probably the best - its vendor-neutral so you can use the knowledge across any products. I have gained a few of their certifications and they are well worth it.