Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

how to configure aruba switch to use the stacking interfaces fiber uplinks to other switches?

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  how to configure aruba switch to use the stacking interfaces fiber uplinks to other switches?

Posted Oct 10, 2014 05:27 PM

We have several small locations with 3 and 4 IDF's and would like to use the 10 gig interfaces or stacking interfaces on Aruba switch for fiber uplinks to other aruba switches. how do we configure the stacking interfaces for this? 

• 2.  RE: how to configure aruba switch to use the stacking interfaces fiber uplinks to other switches?

Posted Oct 10, 2014 06:07 PM

By default port 0/1/2 & 0/1/3 are stack ports. So, all you need to do is connect DAC/optic cables to these ports.
    And if you are looking to use the first two ports (0/1/0, 0/1/1) as well to be used as 'stack ports', then you "reclaim" then via below CLI:

add stacking interface stack <module/port>

ex: add stacking interface stack 1/0
        add stacking interface stack 1/1

And if required, make them normal ports using CLI: 'delete stacking interface stack <module/port>'

• 3.  RE: how to configure aruba switch to use the stacking interfaces fiber uplinks to other switches?

Posted Oct 11, 2014 09:31 AM
    I will double check Monday but I am almost sure that we deleted the stacking interface on ports (0/1/2 and 0/1/3). We could not get other aruba switches to see the 1 gig fiber uplinks running to these interfaces. Its not the fiber if we change the fiber to ports 0/1/0 it works. It has to be our config of interfaces 0/1/2 and 0/1/3. I will let you know Monday for sure, thanks for all your help.